• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anthony Straker

Warming the bench in the English 4th division to a Scottish 1st division team #headsgone

He's only on loan at Motherwell. He went to York to get more first team games, but it didn't work out. His biggest problem is consistency. He can look really good one game, and then absolute garbage the next. Until he sorts that out he will never get the regular first team selection that he craves.

He's only on loan at Motherwell. He went to York to get more first team games, but it didn't work out. His biggest problem is consistency. He can look really good one game, and then absolute garbage the next. Until he sorts that out he will never get the regular first team selection that he craves.

Pretty spot on. Unless whatever club he's at doesn't have great strength in depth.

the spl is a very good breeding ground for players, lets see Darren Randolph, john ruddy, giles coke, Jamie murphy, shaun Hutchinson, all Motherwell, Mcarthy and Mcarthur Hamilton, billy macay ict, owen coyle (management) just off the top of my head , I support motherwell and of course Southend the similarities are uncanny, similar crowds, old grounds, always hoping for better things, turn up for big games in large numbers, hate their neighbours rangers/celtic, col u west spam. loads of potential supporters head of to support other teams outwith the town, need I go on.

Looks like those on shrimperzone would want us to sign a young, pacy hungry striker missed someone -

Manager Baraclough is delighted to have "versatile" Straker at Fir Park."Anthony is someone who I have known for some time now and I am delighted to get him on board," he said.
"He is full of energy, has got pace and a lot of experience being involved in promotion winning teams down south as well as playing international football.
"Most importantly, though, he is hungry to play and show what he can do. He's the type of character we need at the moment."

I don't remember Stranker played for a promotion winning side? He had a crack at the play off for Shot' and for us last season, nothing else. Their manager is dumb as picking a rubbish players. I hope Motherwell go down!!

From the Motherwell FC Forum
His signings are *****. Not one of them has impressed me. The keeper is no better than twardzik. Straker or whatever his name is , is possibly the worst player I've ever seen at the club. The centre half looks awful and the rest offer nothing

From the Motherwell FC Forum
His signings are *****. Not one of them has impressed me. The keeper is no better than twardzik. Straker or whatever his name is , is possibly the worst player I've ever seen at the club. The centre half looks awful and the rest offer nothing

Other than that, all is good!

Back