• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rlb999

We want 4 stands!
Announced by the player on Twitter.
The arrogance of the modern footballer to pre-empt the clubs official announcement.

Shame to see him go. I never quite felt that Wordsworth lived up to the pre-signing hype - he did have a good run of games (and goals) at times but then was out from injury or was also sometimes on the pitch and the game seemed to be passing him by.

I had thought (hoped) that C.P. might be able to get more out of him but it looks like it just wasn't to be.

Still, I hope he gets a new club quickly - I am sure there will be a number interested - and all the best to him. :thumbsup:

He will always go down a hero for that goal VS Colchester and running the entire length of the pitch with he's hands to hes ears towards the away support.

Echo say Wright and McGlashan have also definitely gone.

Shame to see him go but sounds like it may be best for all parties. If he could stay fit he'd be playing week in, week out in the Championship. Did a great job here and scored some memorable goals, he'll have no problem finding another decent League 1 club soon.

Seems a bit bitter about it all also from his tweet

Announced by the player on Twitter.
The arrogance of the modern footballer to pre-empt the clubs official announcement.

Not sure why you think it's arrogance especially when Powell has said he wouldn't be doing so till the middle of next week? They are all looking for new jobs, so need to get their names out there.

Not sure why you think it's arrogance especially when Powell has said he wouldn't be doing so till the middle of next week? They are all looking for new jobs, so need to get their names out there.

I agree. His tweet wasn’t arrogant. It was a thank you and a sales pitch for future employers. A goal every 5 games is tidy for a midfielder. Not sure why he didn’t include his tackling stats ;).

Wish him well for the future. I’m sure another league 1 club will go for him.

There will be more names added to the list so its right for the club to announce it all at once, rather than an X factor lets see who's first out of the door. If the individual wants to announce it himself I don't see any problem with that.

Echo say Wright and McGlashan have also definitely gone.

Shame to see him go but sounds like it may be best for all parties. If he could stay fit he'd be playing week in, week out in the Championship. Did a great job here and scored some memorable goals, he'll have no problem finding another decent League 1 club soon.

At his best and when we were well on top in a game he was good, but when we were bad he was reluctant to put his foot in or do the necessary running. He was usually dreadful away from home as well. So I didn't think he was Championship class if he only plays well in the odd game, and went missing when things got rough.

Thought SCP said he was premier league quality not so long ago, wonder what sort of quality he hopes to attract then?

He will always go down a hero for that goal VS Colchester and running the entire length of the pitch with he's hands to hes ears towards the away support.

That's Anthony, no class what so ever! He was always a "Marmite" player when he played for us despite playing almost 200 games lots of fans didn't particularly like him. He certainly had some skill, I remember a few decent goals against you guys for us, but I got the impression his attitude let him down on several occasions.

As I see it, he played well when others around him did. He couldn't be the initiative, he responded to his team playing well, never the other way round.

Thank you Anthony, but it's the right call, injuries hampered him and think it's best for both sides to move on. Was a real class player at times.

No surprise, he's had a very poor season. However he was generally very good last year and that goal against Col U at home in his first season will live long in the memory :happy:

Thank you and good luck.

Thought SCP said he was premier league quality not so long ago, wonder what sort of quality he hopes to attract then?

I think quite a few on here miss read that quote. I read as he has the skills and ability to play higher but never does more than enough and when he doesn't fancy it disappears.

Last edited:
Would like to wish Woody all the best of luck for his future. He is a very good player at this level, and is a match turner and winner on his day. Trouble is, he is injury prone, and we have a raft of talent coming through, so arguably we can't afford the luxury of having a good player only fit 50% of the time.

I think quite a few on here miss read that quote. I read as he has the skills and ability to play higher but never does more than enough and when he doesn't fancy disappears.

Yeah. Basically said he doesn’t work hard enough on the pitch. If he did he would be playing higher

Yeah. Basically said he doesn’t work hard enough on the pitch. If he did he would be playing higher

That's not how I read it and didn't back up some of the stats that have been produced which said he frequently covered more distance than anyone else.

Back