• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

personally i think its about time the whole world woke up to whats happening and what will happen in the future , but this is a football site , this should be on the political site i think.

Katie Hopkins is a troll, she knows that hate sells so she sells it. Sacked by LBC, I expect the Mail will follow eventually so I hope she is saving plenty of her wages now as other than some ***** cable channel I don't see who would employ her next.

So wanting gang rapists caught is trolling is it. You always talk a good women's rights but never back it up.

a lot of the sports world seem to be using this kind of rhetoric (especially retired sportsmen) today. Bellew and Froch the boxers, Michael Vaughan the cricketer and a few current and retired footballers and coaches both of local and national prominence.

football is an odd thing. it tends to bring together mostly working class, mostly GCSE at best educated young men who are hugely driven to get to the level they are at. the fact theyve made it as a pro means they have fought off 1000s of other boys along the way, and yet they are often very alpha males in a pack mentality. you only have to look at Graeme Le Saux to see the scepticism shown to anyone who doesnt conform to that stereotype by way of seeming to have some individual thought and intellect. it all adds up to a very interesting group politically. as often tends to happen with people earning above average money, a lot of them will only look at voting for who will take least money from them in taxes.

Julian Hails had a maths degree.

What I wouldnt give for a whole squad of Julian Hails'

I disagree with this kind of view feeling it hinders more than it helps, so have chosen to unfollow AW. He is of course entitled to his view and having this one doesn't make him a bad person, just someone who believes an alternative way of dealing with extremism will work better than the one I believe in.

You've honestly done that? Wow, I follow very many people with totally different politics to mine, we all have the right to freedom of speech!

So wanting gang rapists caught is trolling is it. You always talk a good women's rights but never back it up.
sigh, 2 things:
1. she doesn't talk about gang rapists on a daily basis and if her mission was to rid the world of gang rapists then she wouldn't get the flack she thoroughly deserves
2. as you well know, but we can state it again in case anyone doesn't understand your own trolling methods, I worked for Rape Crisis for a few years and I now have 3 daughters who I encourage to be powerful women, so I very much do back up women's rights and your misguided attempt to show otherwise makes you look more irrelevant every time you do it

In conclusion your defence of an internet troll makes perfect sense when you take into account your own hobbies

Good on him, I say. If he was retweeting 'liberal' PC stuff from Owen Jones or Gary Lineker I'm sure people wouldn't bat an eyelid, but because it's Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson it's controversial. It's refreshing to see a footballer actually take an interest in politics and current affairs beyond just changing their profile picture every time one of these attacks happen. It's his personal Twitter account and he's free to do it. It's not like he's a massively famous footballer anyway.

sigh, 2 things:
1. she doesn't talk about gang rapists on a daily basis and if her mission was to rid the world of gang rapists then she wouldn't get the flack she thoroughly deserves
2. as you well know, but we can state it again in case anyone doesn't understand your own trolling methods, I worked for Rape Crisis for a few years and I now have 3 daughters who I encourage to be powerful women, so I very much do back up women's rights and your misguided attempt to show otherwise makes you look more irrelevant every time you do it

In conclusion your defence of an internet troll makes perfect sense when you take into account your own hobbies

Woman should be encouraged to be powerful as long as they agree with ***. Oh and never mention the words rape gang or muslim in the same paragraph.

Woman should be encouraged to be powerful as long as they agree with ***. Oh and never mention the words rape gang or muslim in the same paragraph.
You really are a bit manic today.Katie Hopkins gender is not relevant to my view of her. The things she writes in order to get the next payment for her notoriety are relevant.

I don't know if there is any Shrimperzone etiquette on how often you can throw the same unsubstantiated abuse at a fellow member - but yet again - as an atheist and a feminist, religion is no barrier or excuse for rape in my mind.

Good on him, I say. If he was retweeting 'liberal' PC stuff from Owen Jones or Gary Lineker I'm sure people wouldn't bat an eyelid, but because it's Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson it's controversial. It's refreshing to see a footballer actually take an interest in politics and current affairs beyond just changing their profile picture every time one of these attacks happen. It's his personal Twitter account and he's free to do it. It's not like he's a massively famous footballer anyway.
with Tommy Robinson you have a man who has a banning order for football violence and in Katie Hopkins you have a woman who was found guilty of slandering a Southend resident - so as an employee of Southend United neither of those people sound ideal candidates for the endorsement implied in a retweet.

You really are a bit manic today.Katie Hopkins gender is not relevant to my view of her. The things she writes in order to get the next payment for her notoriety are relevant.

I don't know if there is any Shrimperzone etiquette on how often you can throw the same unsubstantiated abuse at a fellow member - but yet again - as an atheist and a feminist, religion is no barrier or excuse for rape in my mind.

In recent months you have become a 20 May a day man.

You put yourself on your self righteous pedestal. You were the one who wanted everyone to know about your rape crisis work yet when we mention the words Rochdale or Rotherham you and your fellow gang take a vow of silence.

Toffs on horses hunting foxes then your outraged, even claiming you might be driven to violence because you have an absolute right on the matter. Girls being hunted by muslim gangs then Hopkins and Wordsworth have no right to be on social media and should be silenced.

You put yourself on your self righteous pedestal. You were the one who wanted everyone to know about your rape crisis work yet when we mention the words Rochdale or Rotherham you and your fellow gang take a vow of silence.

Toffs on horses hunting foxes then your outraged, even claiming you might be driven to violence because you have an absolute right on the matter. Girls being hunted by muslim gangs then Hopkins and Wordsworth have no right to be on social media and should be silenced.

I think most would agree that gang rape is worse than hunting foxes. This doesn't mean either are good though and I don't blame people standing up for both. Terrible people can still make good points, why give them a RT or attention though, write your own tweet or pick someone else from the 1000's saying the same thing.

100% these gangs should get swift justice, this does not mean every muslim should be punished though. Just like every toff on a horse shouldn't be punished. Only rapists and fox hunters.

You've honestly done that? Wow, I follow very many people with totally different politics to mine, we all have the right to freedom of speech!

Yes. To be fair I don't use twitter at all for my share of politics. I have other ways of getting my feeds for that.

Katie Hopkins is a troll, she knows that hate sells so she sells it. Sacked by LBC, I expect the Mail will follow eventually so I hope she is saving plenty of her wages now as other than some ***** cable channel I don't see who would employ her next.

You could have just stopped it there

If I am 20 May a day man they reply to what I say and put me straight.

If you want to dig out an old thread then go ahead and we can go over that again.

But, once again, I never have and never will excuse a rapist. So stop implying I have or I will ask the mods to step in and ask them to stop you repeating lies that you made up first time round and then sporadically repeat every few weeks.

Debate what people actually say not what fits you agenda if you pretend they said it.

I'm sure no one finds your petty vendetta in the remotest bit impressive.

If I am 20 May a day man they reply to what I say and put me straight.

If you want to dig out an old thread then go ahead and we can go over that again.

But, once again, I never have and never will excuse a rapist. So stop implying I have or I will ask the mods to step in and ask them to stop you repeating lies that you made up first time round and then sporadically repeat every few weeks.

Debate what people actually say not what fits you agenda if you pretend they said it.

I'm sure no one finds your petty vendetta in the remotest bit impressive.

I wish you two would just get it over with and sleep with each other - leave the rest of us to get back to some reasoned debate...

I come onto this forum to keep up to date with footballing matters relating to my club. If I want to watch a political slanging match I'll watch Question Time!

Back