• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Depends on what the tweet was I suppose.

Anthony Wordsworth Retweeted

Katie Hopkins

No, @SadiqKhan. We do not want to hear a single word from you. Not one word. London Bridge has fallen down on your watch, son #LondonBridge

Danny Batth 'Bart'‏Verified account @Danny_Batth
What chance have we really got when radicals are allowed to preach on the streets of London. Time for change, stop pressing snooze. Wake up!

Katie Hopkins‏
Imagine if this were your daughter. Led from Covent Garden to be gang raped. Please share and find these monsters.

Katie Hopkins

No, @SadiqKhan. We do not want to hear a single word from you. Not one word. London Bridge has fallen down on your watch, son #LondonBridge

Danny Batth 'Bart'‏Verified account @Danny_Batth
What chance have we really got when radicals are allowed to preach on the streets of London. Time for change, stop pressing snooze. Wake up!

Katie Hopkins‏
Imagine if this were your daughter. Led from Covent Garden to be gang raped. Please share and find these monsters.

Can't say I care much for his politics.Good footballer though.

Aren't they people just like us? I'm actually more concerned about a re-tweet earlier today by the SUCET account, which now seems to have been deleted. The club or its parts, shouldn't be sharing political tweets.

a lot of the sports world seem to be using this kind of rhetoric (especially retired sportsmen) today. Bellew and Froch the boxers, Michael Vaughan the cricketer and a few current and retired footballers and coaches both of local and national prominence.

football is an odd thing. it tends to bring together mostly working class, mostly GCSE at best educated young men who are hugely driven to get to the level they are at. the fact theyve made it as a pro means they have fought off 1000s of other boys along the way, and yet they are often very alpha males in a pack mentality. you only have to look at Graeme Le Saux to see the scepticism shown to anyone who doesnt conform to that stereotype by way of seeming to have some individual thought and intellect. it all adds up to a very interesting group politically. as often tends to happen with people earning above average money, a lot of them will only look at voting for who will take least money from them in taxes.

RTing that absolute weapon Katie Hopkins is pretty miserable stuff but can't say it will alter my opinion that he's a pretty good player

I respect the fact he's real as they get and makes he's points most other players this summer are more worried about the cost of their bar tabs on grey goose ! You carry right on woody

He's a human being like me and you , and I'm a democratic country that we are, he is damned right entitled to his opinions ..... who's to say he is wrong ?

Yes, but RT'ing Katie Hopkins.

Have some dignity! :winking:

He's tweeted stuff like this when other attacks have happened, don't agree with his views at all but it's his choice to do it and he shouldn't be forced into taking them down. Suprised his agent or someone hasn't had a word though, I could see an interested club looking at his account and deciding he's not worth the potential PR issues if the media take notice.

He is entitled to his opinion..same as a plasterer, lawyer, factory worker, builder or an unemployed person.
Whats it got to do with you Napster?
You should mind your own business to be honest.

I don't get all this Tweeting thing and who said what.... If AW tweet was one of anger towards yesterdays horror then I salute him. He's human and allowed an opinion.

Yes, but RT'ing Katie Hopkins.

Have some dignity! :winking:

I've re-tweeted and agreed with some of the stuff she writes in the past. Just because she's a despicable being some of the time doesn't mean she's not right at others! I also agree with what she's said and he's re-tweeted here.

Katie Hopkins is a troll, she knows that hate sells so she sells it. Sacked by LBC, I expect the Mail will follow eventually so I hope she is saving plenty of her wages now as other than some ***** cable channel I don't see who would employ her next.

RTing that absolute weapon Katie Hopkins is pretty miserable stuff but can't say it will alter my opinion that he's a pretty good player
RTing Tommy Robinson is worse, although it's close.

I disagree with this kind of view feeling it hinders more than it helps, so have chosen to unfollow AW. He is of course entitled to his view and having this one doesn't make him a bad person, just someone who believes an alternative way of dealing with extremism will work better than the one I believe in.

Back