• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Antivirus for my PC

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
You probably all know by now I am useless at this sort of thing, I have had AVG Anti-virus for some time now and part of it is up again for renewal on October. I was just wondering if any of you have any recommendations for this kind of thing. I am not sure I am getting best value from it.....all advice gratefully received.

Picture shows what I currently have:

AVG .jpg

Avast is decent if you are paying a subscription service.

Windows Defender is equally good if you are careful but it will not pick up on the deadliest of computer viruses.

Just use windows defender, I've used it for years. Its free and already installed. I find all these anti virus software just slows down your pc and you still get viruses. You will have to un install avg first though
I second this, Windows defender has developed to be one of the best anti-viruses over subscription ones and third parties.

If unsure, have a look a look through this site here from Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mi...security-center-antivirus?view=o365-worldwide

This will go through all the options and how to use it, we use it for all of our clients as it's the best out there and is always running in the background and doesn't slow down your PC like third party applications as well as no pop-ups unless it finds something or has run a scan.

Aye, Windows Defender does the job pretty well. Also started using Malwarebytes to complement WD - you get the full suite free for 14 days after which a reduced version of it can be run manually say, once a week or as often as you please. Link: https://www.malwarebytes.com/lp/sem/uk?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyPathuri8gIVdSs4Ch2FXA4PEAAYASAAEgKhY_D_BwE
Back in the day when I first started using Malwarebytes they offered a 'never expires' licence if you upgraded to the pro version. I took up the offer. Now they charge for an annual licence.

I too am a great believer in "Windows Defender" which is seems effective in preventing all but the most intricate and complicated of things getting through.

I did, for a short while, use "Southend United Defender" but found that that never stopped a f***ing thing!!!

Back