• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Let's just hope that he does not play again until he is truly fit for both his and our sakes.

Maybe it's just me but AF looked like he was already fading at the back end of last season. He looked knackered (as did the team as a whole) and a few uncharacteristic mistakes crept in, such as stray passes and against Bury he nearly cost us at least once when he played a blind pass either across the box or to Walters. Thankfully Bury were too awful to capitalise.

Fantastic and crucial signing last season but sadly his lack of form this season hasn't particularly surprised me.

Maybe it's just me but AF looked like he was already fading at the back end of last season. He looked knackered (as did the team as a whole) and a few uncharacteristic mistakes crept in, such as stray passes and against Bury he nearly cost us at least once when he played a blind pass either across the box or to Walters. Thankfully Bury were too awful to capitalise.

Fantastic and crucial signing last season but sadly his lack of form this season hasn't particularly surprised me.

Most people with a back problem do. Due to injuries, on some match days he has had 2 hour session in the morning with the Physio.

Still with PB gone we need a new figure of hate so I guess for some people our club captain will do for now. (that's a general comment and not aimed at you Kris) Anyone who took AB's place deserves it anyway.

Most people with a back problem do. Due to injuries, on some match days he has had 2 hour session in the morning with the Physio.

Still with PB gone we need a new figure of hate so I guess for some people our club captain will do for now. (that's a general comment and not aimed at you Kris) Anyone who took AB's place deserves it anyway.

It continues to amaze me how you can post such an excellent and informative first half of a post, and then let yourself down with the ridiculous, sarcastic drivel clearly aimed at anyone who opposed Brown or any of his signings in the second half of it.

It continues to amaze me how you can post such an excellent and informative first half of a post, and then let yourself down with the ridiculous, sarcastic drivel clearly aimed at anyone who opposed Brown or any of his signings in the second half of it.

No its aimed at people like the T*** that sits near me and shouts abuse even when the bench have called him over to speak, let alone when he walks off the pitch. Even our young players sitting in the stand, like Elvis end up looking over with a kind off WTF expression.

I assume if your going to back CP then you will be backing the players. Surely that should include all of them.

I agree here
I was lucky (?) to be in the front row at Bristol Rovers last year and I was certain then that
Anton was not fully fit
He was quality when it came to reading the game but Rovers had a couple of fairly rapid
and mobile forwards who pulled him out of position only a number of occasions and he
just didn't seem to have the "stretch" to get there
Here's hoping it's going to improve from now on although I can't see why it should 😕

So we have a player with a known back injury and yet at 32 years of age we offer him a 2 year contract extension - madness just madness, but not Anton's fault at all and I can't blame him for signing - who wouldn't?

Last season he was so good and now it is so sad to see him play the way he has this season. As another poster has said let's hope he only plays when he is really fit enough to play.

If I remember correctly you know all about struggling to play with a back problem. :winking:

I mentioned in a previous post that I felt Anton was playing with an injury but didnt realise he was suffering that badly. So I imagine he would have preferred not to play but due to other defenders injuries, he was actually being a good clubman and skipper when he knew that he wouldnt be at his best and therefore likely to get stick from some of the 'supporters'

Totally agree on all points. Even worse to then recruit Turner also who had been out of football for so long . I think the problems in Central defence have been a big factor in our struggles. I had thought it was bad luck but it now looks more like really bad judgement.
So we have a player with a known back injury and yet at 32 years of age we offer him a 2 year contract extension - madness just madness, but not Anton's fault at all and I can't blame him for signing - who wouldn't?

Last season he was so good and now it is so sad to see him play the way he has this season. As another poster has said let's hope he only plays when he is really fit enough to play.

I agree with Rigsby, I'm not getting where he let himself down!

We know his deal is mainly pay as you play though.

No its aimed at people like the T*** that sits near me and shouts abuse even when the bench have called him over to speak, let alone when he walks off the pitch. Even our young players sitting in the stand, like Elvis end up looking over with a kind off WTF expression.

I assume if your going to back CP then you will be backing the players. Surely that should include all of them.

If that's who it's really aimed at, you should be telling him personally rather than posting it on here, unless of course you know he frequents this site .

If that's who it's really aimed at, you should be telling him personally rather than posting it on here, unless of course you know he frequents this site .

As most people do not know who is who on here, how could you know? I think it's a reasonable thing to do and don't know why people are getting precious about it unless they feel as if it could apply to them!

As most people do not know who is who on here, how could you know? I think it's a reasonable thing to do and don't know why people are getting precious about it unless they feel as if it could apply to them!

What's the point moaning about it on here when the way to deal with it is to front the guy out at the ground? We did it in the South Upper the other week, the next game the guy apologised and is a decent chap actually. I didn't feel the need to come on here and moan about him though

Back