• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anton Ferdinand

W
Interesting article in today's Echo regarding Anton and his second season. Anyone who keeps going on about "his legs were gone" I would suggests reads this - and anyone else ?
Would be interested to read that. One thing I had heard about AF, aside from his personal problems at the time, was that he was at the centre of a bit of a divisive 'clique' that had formed in the dressing room and was affecting team unity. I understand that Chris Powell was under pressure from Ron Martin to break up the clique, hence the departures of AF, Anthony Wordsworth and Michael Timlin.

W

Would be interested to read that. One thing I had heard about AF, aside from his personal problems at the time, was that he was at the centre of a bit of a divisive 'clique' that had formed in the dressing room and was affecting team unity. I understand that Chris Powell was under pressure from Ron Martin to break up the clique, hence the departures of AF, Anthony Wordsworth and Michael Timlin.

Didn't seem to be online, as I had a look, but he talks about his mum dying and that he should have taken time out, rather than keep playing (he explains why he kept playing) but ultimately his mind wasn't with it and felt that affected his performances and the team and he feels responsible for getting PB sacked.

He then mentions CP ditched most of the voices in the changing room, which had a detrimental affect, which he believes started the downfall.

Takes a lot for someone to admit where they went wrong and what they could've done, shows the amount of professionalism he really does have.

There was a clear change in what we saw from him and his attitude after the loss of his mum, at the time of course we didn't know that but who knows what could've happened if that didn't happen or if he did walk away for personal reasons.

Takes a lot for someone to admit where they went wrong and what they could've done, shows the amount of professionalism he really does have.

There was a clear change in what we saw from him and his attitude after the loss of his mum, at the time of course we didn't know that but who knows what could've happened if that didn't happen or if he did walk away for personal reasons.
Agreed, things like that do make a person re evaluate what is, and isn't worth going the extra distance for.
Anton IS a good man and he is also brave "outing" his believed failings.
I hope he can someday come back to the Hall and enjoy watching a match with regular supporters.

Defended him at the time. He was a genuine bloke suffering a difficult time.
Grief is terrible, especially in young men, feel for AF as I lost both parents in 18 months and Im 61 not easy, also with a divorce going through ,but I did not have to turn up week after week at work and get abuse on field or online from unknown people and still carry on
Topman Anton and has my upmost respect

Back