• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
I can think of quite a few. To start.
Barry Corr looks like a giant next to Holness in the centre of their defence. So like Paul Sturrock said, get those crosses in. On free kicks and some crosses from wide, send in the inswinger, always produces more goals and even own goals. The outswinger is easier for defenders and especially the goalie. First leg we kept doing the outswinger, doh.
Get practising on those direct free kicks just outside the area. Most are going over the bar at the moment. And stop giving it to who shouts loudest, or senior players, and give it to the best on the training ground.

Not that we want them but do please rehearse taking penalties. Some of those taken at Oxford in the JPT were fortunate to find the net.

Easiest team talk would be for PB to say play as you did at Rochdale (and as at home to Oxford, both 3-0 victories). But they came at us allowing us much more freedom up front.

Try not to give away any soft free kicks in our half (they will be looking for them and have a full back who boasts a sweet left foot).

Failing to reach Wembley is not an option.

Thanks.

Oh and keep the ball on the bloody deck.

Can we have someone at SUFC pass on our messages to the players prior to the game?

Keep the ball on the floor, use width, make them run because they are not as fit or as agile as us, so switch the ball quickly. Let's prove on Saturday that we play the better football and deserve a trip to Wembley to get us into L1 and shut Rowlett right up.

Tell Corr to concentrate on football rather than petty pushing as he has a poor reputation deservedly with referees. Tell the rest particularly Hurst to have no fear. Tell them to send diagonals ball out to the wings and to shoot on sight of the goal at every chance. Get them to run at the Burton defenders and unsettle them early on. :smile:

We need goals. Our attack is a bit dodgy sometimes to say the least, so I would like to see the midfielders bursting into the penalty area when possible. They can all score goals.

Express yourself
Create the space
You know you can win
Don't give up the chase

Beat the man
Take him on
You never give up
It's one on one

Express yourself
It's one on one
Express yourself
It's one on one