• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any Army, ex army on here? Can you tell me why?

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Just watched a programme on the Afghan war. So they are out on patrol, and have a fire fight with 4 taliban. The kill 3 of the taliban and the other escapes and they can't see him. So they call in the Apache helicopter. They fire one smoke flair to show where the taliban fighter is, and the second one to show where they are. Same plain colour smoke, and the worst thing happens and the Apache fires on the wrong smoke and shoots and injures 9 soldiers. WTF. One ends up paralysed.
Why don't they use coloured flairs? for example, green for the enemy and red for British soldiers. Even if the worst happens, they are in radio contact with the Apache, so if the wrong colour is fired by mistake(Unlikely but possible), they can tell the Apache.
Using coloured flairs would eliminate friendly fire from an Apache.

I have seen Codename Wild Geese thirty five times and own a fair bit of camo clothing.

Happy to answer any questions.....

I have seen Codename Wild Geese thirty five times and own a fair bit of camo clothing.

Happy to answer any questions.....

Do you admire Vladimir Putin and have lots of photo's of you upon a horse, with a gun firmly grasped in your manly hands?

Just watched a programme on the Afghan war. So they are out on patrol, and have a fire fight with 4 taliban. The kill 3 of the taliban and the other escapes and they can't see him. So they call in the Apache helicopter. They fire one smoke flair to show where the taliban fighter is, and the second one to show where they are. Same plain colour smoke, and the worst thing happens and the Apache fires on the wrong smoke and shoots and injures 9 soldiers. WTF. One ends up paralysed.
Why don't they use coloured flairs? for example, green for the enemy and red for British soldiers. Even if the worst happens, they are in radio contact with the Apache, so if the wrong colour is fired by mistake(Unlikely but possible), they can tell the Apache.

In my day, we would have tracked down the fourth chap, cut off his bollocks and then buggered him to death. The efficiency of Her Majesty's Forces has declined considerably since they started letting riff-raff into the Officer Corps.

I'm Serving Army

minor point, they threw a smoke grenade to mark their position, and a smoke grenade to mark the enemy's position, and for some weird reason, probably cos their air head para's, they threw 2 grenades the same bloody colour, and they also gave the Apache ( which has the best call sign i've heard, Ugly) the wrong grid ref to ahem make a big hole with, was a total shambles :D

I'm Serving Army

minor point, they threw a smoke grenade to mark their position, and a smoke grenade to mark the enemy's position, and for some weird reason, probably cos their air head para's, they threw 2 grenades the same bloody colour, and they also gave the Apache ( which has the best call sign i've heard, Ugly) the wrong grid ref to ahem make a big hole with, was a total shambles :D

Hi es.sh. what regiment are you? dont think the Royal Marines would have messed that up..very sad...but R.M.C. have brains..unlike some other Regiments

and different units have different ways of iding their location & enemy's

and does that mean you've worked with Rif RAF Regiment, or the hesco warriors as the Army call em :raspberry:

Yes I have unfortunately, useless ******s. I was out when the 'Battle of Bastion' happened where they 'saved' the day.

Yes I have unfortunately, useless ******s. I was out when the 'Battle of Bastion' happened where they 'saved' the day.

what, when 2 of them shot there body armour, and claimed that the taliban did it, except somehow they had no busted ribs, and the hole was 5.56 not 7.62 :hilarious: :facepalm:

what, when 2 of them shot there body armour, and claimed that the taliban did it, except somehow they had no busted ribs, and the hole was 5.56 not 7.62 :hilarious: :facepalm:

Yep, oh I have plenty of worse stories than that but best not say them on a public forum. How that sergeant got the MC is beyond belief.

Back