• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any good?

fredheim_holm

Where art thou Tes
19 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is calm and upright.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: Suomi
Total Skill Index (TSI): 700
Wage: 496 £/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Tilson's Grandaughter
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: passable Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: weak
Winger: wretched Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Career Goals: 0
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 0
Cup goals this season: 0

he cost me 24k. I thought that was ok due to be 19 and having a good playmaker is important, and his wage isnt that bad.

Are taking MrB's advice and train playmaking then?

If so not a bad first trainee. Playmakers need to have stamina and its nice that he has inadequate defending. Head speciality is one of the better specialities to have as well. Hunt around and you should be able to pick up your remaining trainees cheaper than that.

I'd look for 18 year old passable playmakers (solid will be more expensive and you can quickly train them to that level anyway) with a high TSI. With a bit of luck you should be able to sign a few for about £1,000 each.

Once you have sorted out your trainees, resist the temptation to enter the transfer market. The key to success in this game is patience and long-term planning.

He is fine if you cant afford all passables as HK blue said and you still need one or 2 trainees you can go for 17 yr old inadequate Playmaking with passable/Solid passing who should be cheap it just means you need to train them an extra season but if they are 17 it won't matter.

Good call Birri.

In fact I'd try and include at least one inadequate PM, passable/solid passing as a trainee.

this guy what u are talking about?

17 year old player

Kenneth Koenders (128597493)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A nasty fellow who is calm and dishonest.

Nationality: Nederland
Total Skill Index (TSI): 400
Wage: 387 £/week
Owner: Plentyboys

Stamina: poor Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: passable
Winger: inadequate Defending: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

Yep, low stamina but that can be worked upon later.

what do u reckon my limit should be for this guy?

considering i have 44,000 and have only just started. (ill get some money from the challenges, ive still got 11 + 14 and the 10 above that)

At 17 you may be looking at about 20 or 30k. Wouldn't go much higher.

Limit should be about £3,000 IMHO.

My youth pulls never sell for more than that. I had an 18yo passable striker with inadequate passing who has twice failed to get signed despite being listed for free.

Yes but it's early season and he's 17. They always go for a bit more. May as well stick with 18yos really as the extra week won't notice that much and they'll be dirt cheap.

cheers.

I have another question, sorry to be a bore.

Erm do players years go up in normal years, or in seasons, ie. every 16 weeks or whatever it is, they change from 17-18 and so on.

They all age at the end of the season, ie in about 14 weeks time.

just made my second signing as you guys have kindly recommended.

Kenneth Koenders (128597493)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A nasty fellow who is calm and dishonest.

Nationality: Nederland
Total Skill Index (TSI): 400
Wage: 464 £/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Tilson's Grandaughter

Stamina: poor Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: passable
Winger: inadequate Defending: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

bad for 8k eh?

cool thanks. erm,
a) how do i join a fan club or something? am i getting the wrong end of the stick, or is there a group that you can associate with, ie. Southend Fans, or SZ users?

b) is it worth me hiring a spokesperson?

You want to get 10 spokespersons if you can afford it they make money for you.

To join groups you need to pay for hattrick supporter its about £14 for 12 months.

Back