• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Any idea what your LTV is???

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Do you know what your current "Loan to Value" on your property is?

It is one of the key indicators that lenders look at when deciding on giving a mortgage.

It is basically the value of your loan compared to the value of your property.

Our is around 60% which is not to bad considering the current housing situation and would imagine a lot of people would unfortunately be looking at a far higher percentage.

I guess mine is about 30 but increasing as the house prices slump.

we owe 50k and last year the gaff was valued at 370k.

in addition the total cost for us to move ie stamp,removals,legal fees was a staggering 15k.

so we did not move...................next year for def though.

we owe 50k and last year the gaff was valued at 370k.

in addition the total cost for us to move ie stamp,removals,legal fees was a staggering 15k.

so we did not move...................next year for def though.

370k in Grays....do you own a whole street ;)

I guess mine is about 30 but increasing as the house prices slump.

About the same here. We had the house valued about 6 months to a year ago, and it was down to about 25%. I reckon it's nearer 33% now.

Still, it should mean negative equity won't be an issue! I bloody well hope not anyway!

Still, it should mean negative equity won't be an issue! I bloody well hope not anyway!

Does that really matter though? If you dont intend to move I cant see as it makes a lot of difference, except I suppose some people panic when they realise they owe more than they own.

Does that really matter though? If you dont intend to move I cant see as it makes a lot of difference, except I suppose some people panic when they realise they owe more than they own.

You are indeed correct, and it's something I often say myself. If you have no intention of selling then makes no difference whatsoever...

What I actually meant was that I hope my house value doesn't fall that far simply because it would be an indication that the economy is in deep doo doo!

Back