• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All,
   For those of you who buy the metro, I hope they will not print the letter tommorow (Tuesday 24th)I have sent them. Unbelievably I have signed the letter "The Artful Shrimper".
I confess that I am a serial letter writer/ wind up merchant.
If any of you have heard of Edith Stourbridge who has had over a dozen letters printed, mainly in the heavies, well that's me. "She" cites Mary Whitehouse-esque virtues. Lord Chandler? the pompous twit who bolsters our view of the high classes as being out of touch? well his half a dozen letters are really from yours truly too. In a state of distraction instead of signing my letter/e-mail Winston Martin, I have used my Shrimperzone moniker.....the letter then would read.

--
Sir/Madam,
                   May I say how disgusted I am with the pathetique
sight of Paula Radcliff giving up simply because she was in 4th place.
Like Muttley who refused to do a task unless in receipt of a medal, what
sort of arrogance and defeatist attitude is this?
Her place would had been better given to an aspiring athlete who would have lasted the course in the manner to which the games were created.
With this sort of behaviour we can kiss goodbye to any hopes of staging
the Olympics in 2012.

It makes my blood boil.

The Artful Shrimper.
--

.... I apologize to all Southend supporters for the backlash that I might stir up with regards to the "idiot" being connected with Southend. I usually get a few forwarded letters which are hillarious.
I should use the time for something constructive as suggested by Mrs Artful, but where's the fun in that?
I also am a big fan of Paula

Oh well, he who plays with matches in greenhouses gathers no moss I guess.

they might think you're a Morecambe fan, as we are 'The Blues'
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 23 2004,15:26)]All,
   For those of you who buy the metro, I hope they will not print the letter tommorow (Tuesday 24th)I have sent them.
I wouldn't bother about offending people who 'buy' The Metro as they are clearly stupid and gullible - those of us who pick it up for free are a different matter however.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 23 2004,15:26)]I confess that I am a serial letter writer/ wind up merchant.
A few years ago my brother built a brick barbeque in his back garden.

I sent him a 'fake' letter from Rochford District Council saying that he had contravened local building regulations by erecting a permanent brick built structure without planning permission.

He was informed that a structural engineer and demolition crew would be dispatched to demolish the offending structure at his expense.

He didn't realise it was a wind up until he had actually phoned Rochford district council for an argument

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Aug. 23 2004,15:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 23 2004,15:26)]All,
   For those of you who buy the metro, I hope they will not print the letter tommorow (Tuesday 24th)I have sent them.
I wouldn't bother about offending people who 'buy' The Metro as they are clearly stupid and gullible - those of us who pick it up for free are a different matter however.

tounge.gif
Indeed, I'm clearly not with it today.
Did I owe somebody £50 on Shrimperzone....

tounge.gif

I ahve been reprieved, though a Mr manning from Sarf of the river has taken the mantle delivering a Meldrew esqued message.

Moaners of the world unite!

Stop twitching the curtains and speak out! it is an Englishmans right to whinge.
biggrin.gif

Back