• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any Norwegian Shrimpers out there?

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Well, someone found this...

Aftenposten, Oslo...

I particularly like the fact that he has been referred to as "Frédérico Eastwood" - is this the influence of Che ¡Hasta la victoria siempre! Wilson, I wonder...

upside.gif

Anyhow, since I speak only two words of Norwegian (*), I can't make head nor tail of this. A bag of sweeties for the first person who can come up with a translation...

smile.gif

Matt

(*The two most important words:

Tak - Thanks
Øl - beer...
biggrin.gif
)

In the first paragraph the guy is calling Freddy one of the best strikers in the lower divisions in England, then he talks about his hat trick against Bristol City and his goal in the FA Cup.

Typical google - doesn't translate Norwegian!

Then after that in the second paragraph it is a mini biography, first about his recruitment by Jimmy Quinn to West Ham's academy when he was old enough, then his subsequent release by Roeder. Then it talks about him going to Grays and the success he had there atracting interest from many clubs, but Tilly stayed most interested and signed him. He then talks about the initial loan period and the hat trick against Swansea, and the loss to Scunny. Then the deal was made permanent. Then Eastwood's 24 goals saw us advance to League via the playoffs.

BTW, if you can't tell I'm using an online translating thing. It keeps translating Steve Tilson into Convene Assurance!
tounge.gif

Then the last paragraph talks about this season and chances of promotion to the Championship.

Oh and at the bottom he says something about Adam Boyd?

rock.gif

The 3rd paragraph says that there was a lot of speculation over the summer with both Sheff Wed and Nottm Forest, but Tilly talked to Freddy on the phone (using an old Nokia 3310 apparently
rock.gif
) Also his birthday hat trick showed his abilities.

Then he talks about this season, and Freddy's red card against Huddersfield, then how Gray and Goater kept him out of the team.

So I guess it is mostly stuff we already knew

The last sentance is translated as this:

Mon belief about we no matter do be about come back at a list of they ten mainly ekstravagante aggressors in british football sjarmdivisjoner by no matter too high interval?

The response to the guy translates as:

Afloat perusal a early days onsdagsmorra. Eastwood have a afloat career ahead her , discern along against to act on his continuation

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 09 2005,14:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 09 2005,14:22)]Seth, that definitely earns you a bag of sweeties... come and collect 'em...!

tounge.gif
laugh.gif
You pervert.

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Even more worryingly, Seth got into my car last year... Perhaps they don't tell people not to accept lifts from strangers in the States...

ghostface.gif

It also says:

"Maybe Eastwood is being manipulated by hostile thought police, but even so, there may be absolutely nothing we can do to prevent him from making good on his word to shatter other people's lives and dreams. When we compare this disturbing conclusion to the comforting picture purveyed by his secret agents, we experience psychological stress or "cognitive dissonance". Our only recourse is to bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the current debate. Given the range and unpredictability of human behavior, it is quite possible that I'm at loggerheads with him on at least one important issue. Namely, Eastwood argues that women are crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs who will salivate at any object even remotely phallic in shape. I take the opposite position, that I do not propose a supernatural solution to the problems we're having with Eastwood. Instead, I propose a practical, realistic, down-to-earth approach that requires only that I eschew directionless, simple-minded conformism. As a dynamic historical current, separatism has taken many different forms and has evolved dramatically in some ways. That is why, come what may, we must rage, rage against the dying of the light."

I think he has a point.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 09 2005,19:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 09 2005,14:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 09 2005,14:22)]Seth, that definitely earns you a bag of sweeties... come and collect 'em...!

tounge.gif
laugh.gif
You pervert.

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Even more worryingly, Seth got into my car last year...  Perhaps they don't tell people not to accept lifts from strangers in the States...

ghostface.gif
I got lost in every city I visited in the UK (except Southend and Macclesfield), so I would have got in anyone's car that offered me a lift to where I needed to go!

On a completely unrelated side note, I told someone that I would send them a University of Colorado shirt after I saw them with a Uni of Cal shirt in the Spread Eagle after the Rochdale game last season.  I am almost positive of whom this was, but if this person could PM their shirt size and address so I could post one out there that would be great.  Also, if any other SZer I met while in England (like you Matt, or Naps, Bob Cratchitt, Leeboy, W4, HKB, General, SS, Kenny, OS, IGUN, etc.,(sorry, it's late and I don't remember everyone who I met's SZ name!)), or probably should have met (B_r_B, SITP, etc.) give me the same info!

Back