• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any of these

Bob Taylor,
Steve Book,
Paul Brayson,
Luke Buttery,
Ben Cleverley,
Craig Dobson,
Richard Forsyth,
Anthony Griffin,
Lee Howells

have all been told they are surplus to requirements at Cheltenham any of them any good

Not if I remember rightly.

Book's a keeper I think but I don't remember him being any good

Richard Forsyth's got decent experience, but banging on a bit - obviously Bob Taylor was a top goal scorer, but I guess he will retire this year at nearly 40... Only one that takes my eye is Paul Brayson. Always rated him...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Book's a keeper I think but I don't remember him being any good

Wasn't he the one who got sent off at our place a couple of years ago, did a strip-tease in protest and then kicked the ball into the crowd injurying a young boy?

Can't see him being accepted with open arms! Or maybe my memory is going
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ May 13 2004,11:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Book's a keeper I think but I don't remember him being any good

Wasn't he the one who got sent off at our place a couple of years ago, did a strip-tease in protest and then kicked the ball into the crowd injurying a young boy?

Can't see him being accepted with open arms!  Or maybe my memory is going
sad.gif
I remember that game well!!!!

Was in the lower South at the time. Leo Roget did a blatant dive trying to earn a penalty and the ref refused to give it. Keeper wouldn't let it lie so booked him for dissent.

Still livid, Keep then started having a go at the linesman whilst lined up to take the goal kick and must have said something pretty bad. Ref's had enough and gives him his second yellow at which point he loses it completely and belts the ball in to the crowd.

All stemmed from Leo's dive as well. Genius.

Not certain if it was Book or not htough may well have been.

I think it was a Macclesfield 'keeper - can't remember his name though. Don't think it was book.

That was the worst piece of refereeing I have ever seen. Booked him twice for dissent in 10 seconds, didn't talk to him about either booking as the 'keeper was in the penalty area and the ref (bloke who got pushed by Di Canio IIRC) was in the centre circle.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ May 13 2004,12:24)]I think it was a Macclesfield 'keeper - can't remember his name though. Don't think it was book.
Think it was Bullock (of Macclesfield.)

Probably the funniest incident I've ever seen at the Hall
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ May 13 2004,12:24)]I think it was a Macclesfield 'keeper - can't remember his name though. Don't think it was book.

That was the worst piece of refereeing I have ever seen. Booked him twice for dissent in 10 seconds, didn't talk to him about either booking as the 'keeper was in the penalty area and the ref (bloke who got pushed by Di Canio IIRC) was in the centre circle.
Paul Alcock.

that was the single funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. Not just at Roots HAll, but anywhere.

I'm still 100% sure that Bullock was aiming at me specifically when he tw*tted the ball into the crowd and hit that kid. I was about three rows behind that kid, standing with just one other bloke and no-one else within a few yards of us, giving him the 'w***er' sign and ****ing myself laughing. Next thing I know some five-year old has been practically knocked-out....

ghostface.gif

Back