• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any questions!

I agree except that I would prefer the use of pitchside monitors for every decision. Also the offside rule needs updating to make it more VAR friendly. A lot of the complaints about VAR are actually about the offside being enforced correctly

I’d say part of the reason it works so well in both of them is you can hear the conversations between the officials.
VAR works well for clear and obvious errors having to draw lines for someone to be offside by 3mm isn’t clear or obvious. I’ve always said there needs to be something like umpires call, where if you can’t clearly tell then you go with the decision from the official on the field.

I’d say part of the reason it works so well in both of them is you can hear the conversations between the officials.
VAR works well for clear and obvious errors having to draw lines for someone to be offside by 3mm isn’t clear or obvious. I’ve always said there needs to be something like umpires call, where if you can’t clearly tell then you go with the decision from the official on the field.
There has to be a tolerance of some sort. 2 players heals are completely in line but I’m 6’ 4” and other player is 5’ 4” it’s likely that I wear a size 10 boot and they wear a size 5 boot therefore I would always be offside and they would always be onside!!

There has to be a tolerance of some sort. 2 players heals are completely in line but I’m 6’ 4” and other player is 5’ 4” it’s likely that I wear a size 10 boot and they wear a size 5 boot therefore I would always be offside and they would always be onside!!
Not if u were to ‘towing the same line ‘

Couldn't agree more and he has proved this again in the last few weeks.

In the zoom meeting he (or his accountant) admitted the budget for next season wasn't finalised and the club will lose nearly £500k income from the Premier league without the undoubted reduction in ticket prices and gate receipts.

None of the above have stopped him appointing PB and possibly a CEO (desperately needed) or 2 this week and ? a role for Stan.

Without a finalised budget how does he know this is sustainable and he isn't walking in to more problems and potentially more CCJ'S or having any funds left to assemble a squad of players to do battle in the NL?
Nick12 this is exactly the point that I have been making in various recent posts without much acknowledgement I have to say ....... simply put how do we know we can we afford a CEO or 2 and all the other potential appointments when the financial budget is still not finalised.... the answer of course is we can’t ...

Nick12 this is exactly the point that I have been making in various recent posts without much acknowledgement I have to say ....... simply put how do we know we can we afford a CEO or 2 and all the other potential appointments when the financial budget is still not finalised.... the answer of course is we can’t ...
A decent CEO will pay for itself.

Ok I’ll take this away from football. For the last 7 years I have worked closely with a colleague who pulled me into his team because I was expert at analysis. Nothing more than that! I’m no good at anything else. He was very, very, very good at creating networks and getting contacts.

When I first met him we were 4 people ripping up the hotel industry but he recognised that he needed more expertise and so he would reach out everyday.

Eventually he started to get the heads of industry talking to him and before long we were absolutely flying simply through the contacts that he had made!!

All I can say in my experience on this journey that as his network of contacts grew our business grew and that the more contacts we brought onboard the easier it was to make the right choices!

The individual that I talk about couldn’t do anything other than talk to people. Honestly he really wasn’t very good at much else. But what he did by opening our options created so much value that he saved his salary fivefold!!

Back