• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any questions!

Yes Stan remember Oxford very well.Took my wife to the cup tie at Huddersfield like her thought those goals were excellent and shown you were destined for higher level

Loving your passion and involvement Stan, so thank you. One question I'm not sure has been broached by anyone (that I've seen).

Have you spoken with Phil and do you see any issues going forward? Its quite a common belief Browny is quite ego driven and there is a worry you two will clash at some point? Like I'd imagine Phil would like to have 100% say.

When you said the the other day "If I have my way, the lads will be back training before anyone else". Which is brilliant and the right thing for the club, but shouldnt that call (albeit you'd hope the same call) come from the manager?

I've worked with many people in football over 30 years, and I always work on one basis. You respect me and I'll respect you.

I need no profile boost, ego boost, cash boost or any boost, so I'm comfortable offering complete and utter support to Phil, all staff in every part of the club and I'd hope that honesty would be reciprocated.

Do you still have the poem “Ode to Collymore“ my dad wrote and gave you when we met you in the street in the city of London after a book signing back in around 2004?!

Aside from that I would also love to know if you feel you have the backing of the fan base or if you have any concerns on taking a role (should you be offered one)?

Stan, the vast majority of Southend fans love your involvement and your honesty and you’ve brought us hope in a dark hour so thank you. Question I always wanted to ask, your debut against Notts County, how gutted were you that you didn’t get a hat trick and did you wonder where the heck everyone was?? Or were you aware of all the protests. I was too young to know what it was all about!

Stan, the vast majority of Southend fans love your involvement and your honesty and you’ve brought us hope in a dark hour so thank you. Question I always wanted to ask, your debut against Notts County, how gutted were you that you didn’t get a hat trick and did you wonder where the heck everyone was?? Or were you aware of all the protests. I was too young to know what it was all about!

2566 attendance or somewhere close?

Then nearly 13,000 v West Ham within 4 months! Crazy!

I remember a Jobson Out banner in the North Bank corner and thought "what have I done!" ?

I've worked with many people in football over 30 years, and I always work on one basis. You respect me and I'll respect you.

I need no profile boost, ego boost, cash boost or any boost, so I'm comfortable offering complete and utter support to Phil, all staff in every part of the club and I'd hope that honesty would be reciprocated.

Cheers Stan, my worry is from Brown's side not yours! Hopefully he'll be happy to work alongside people like yourself and a CEO. He seemed to be gutted when the last CEO left.

Second one for you then Stan.

I have read your autobiography, and know your feelings towards Ray Train and why.

But, do you have any regrets not being able to do for Walsall, a more geographically closer team for you, what you did for us?

Back