• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any questions!

Millwall FA Cup at Roots Hall ( think it was Cup but the great Brian Moore was commentating so it could have been League!), run and finish.

First goal v Notts County because I was very nervous before the game, it was the first time I'd met the lads!

Oxford away, little step over, curl into corner, wonderful!

Was in the away end that day, proper postage stamp that. Was definitely my favourite of yours Stan and what turned out to be a vital late winner.:LoyalSupporter::Clap:

Think the best game I ever saw Keith Jones play was away to Everton in the FA Cup. We played them off the park in 2nd half and only a world class save by Neville Southall from Ian Benjamin stopped us bringing them back to Roots Hall.

Southall was unbelievable that day, we should have won the game 1-4....

Just a quickie Stan. What’s you’re favourite food and how do you chill.

Hey Guys

Hope you're well.

Any questions for me? Happy to answer as some of you guys may not know exactly what I've been doing in recent years, so may have an outdated idea of what my involvement is in pro football today.

Think I've set a lot out in zoom calls with all supporters groups and Trust as well as to the Chairman prior to our two meetings ( last one today).

Some won't be familiar with complete transparency and indeed some really get taken off guard by it but I'm convinced that you guys are the most important paet of Southend United therefore I will not yield on making sure, where possible, you are fully informed of any information that can leave you well informed, hopefully happy and seeing tangible, measurable progress.

So please park any preconceptions you have of me, to date I have done zero wrong to your club, or shy of you guys, so let's communicate effectively, honestly and openly. It really will yield benefits.

Feel free to chime in!

Last edited:
When dealing with Ron Martin, you have to keep things to yourself, otherwise, he breaks off communication. Stan's treading on eggshells, so he can only give out a little every now and again regarding those meetings. So he can say he met with the chairman, but can't say what was discussed. Stan has told us what he's trying to implement, so it will probably be along those lines. I think we'll get more answers and information on what's happening, when things, or people are put in place.

2566 attendance or somewhere close?

Then nearly 13,000 v West Ham within 4 months! Crazy!

I remember a Jobson Out banner in the North Bank corner and thought "what have I done!" ?
I was protesting outside in the rain that day (ok took shelter in the Railway for a bit). As a few of my 'scab' mates emerged from the ground they were all wide-eyed raving about this new bloke Collymore.

I think many of us have gone off tangent re your original request, so......are you confident that the 'new' stadium will be built?

Think the best game I ever saw Keith Jones play was away to Everton in the FA Cup. We played them off the park in 2nd half and only a world class save by Neville Southall from Ian Benjamin stopped us bringing them back to Roots Hall.
I was right behind Southall when he saved from Benjy, can still see it like it was yesterday. Peter Beardsley was fantastic that day too.... Unfortunately ☹️

Back