• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any questions!

stan collymore

Stanley Victor Collymore
Hey Guys

Hope you're well.

Any questions for me? Happy to answer as some of you guys may not know exactly what I've been doing in recent years, so may have an outdated idea of what my involvement is in pro football today.

Think I've set a lot out in zoom calls with all supporters groups and Trust as well as to the Chairman prior to our two meetings ( last one today).

Some won't be familiar with complete transparency and indeed some really get taken off guard by it but I'm convinced that you guys are the most important paet of Southend United therefore I will not yield on making sure, where possible, you are fully informed of any information that can leave you well informed, hopefully happy and seeing tangible, measurable progress.

So please park any preconceptions you have of me, to date I have done zero wrong to your club, or shy of you guys, so let's communicate effectively, honestly and openly. It really will yield benefits.

Feel free to chime in!

Hey Guys

Hope you're well.

Any questions for me? Happy to answer as some of you guys may not know exactly what I've been doing in recent years, so may have an outdated idea of what my involvement is in pro football today.

Think I've set a lot out in zoom calls with all supporters groups and Trust as well as to the Chairman prior to our two meetings ( last one today).

Some won't be familiar with complete transparency and indeed some really get taken off guard by it but I'm convinced that you guys are the most important paet of Southend United therefore I will not yield on making sure, where possible, you are fully informed of any information that can leave you well informed, hopefully happy and seeing tangible, measurable progress.

So please park any preconceptions you have of me, to date I have done zero wrong to your club, or shy of you guys, so let's communicate effectively, honestly and openly. It really will yield benefits.

Feel free to chime in!

So... How did today go?

OK Stan,

Nice easy one to start and one I gave always wondered.

What was your favourite goal you scored for us?

(Mine was the Boxing day winner at Oxford btw).

Millwall FA Cup at Roots Hall ( think it was Cup but the great Brian Moore was commentating so it could have been League!), run and finish.

First goal v Notts County because I was very nervous before the game, it was the first time I'd met the lads!

Oxford away, little step over, curl into corner, wonderful!

Who was the best player you played alongside at Southend?

I always thought Keith Jones was underrated as was John Cornwell who both were great to me on and off the pitch. Brett was everything you want in a strike partner, held it up superbly, easy to play off but I think Powelly was the best. Clever footballer, always looked to link up, calm and assured. Delighted he's doing well at Spurs.

Millwall FA Cup at Roots Hall ( think it was Cup but the great Brian Moore was commentating so it could have been League!), run and finish.

First goal v Notts County because I was very nervous before the game, it was the first time I'd met the lads!

Oxford away, little step over, curl into corner, wonderful!

Thank you, never thought my curiosity would be satisfied, appreciate it! ?

Hey Guys

Hope you're well.

Any questions for me? ....

Loving your passion and involvement Stan, so thank you. One question I'm not sure has been broached by anyone (that I've seen).

Have you spoken with Phil and do you see any issues going forward? Its quite a common belief Browny is quite ego driven and there is a worry you two will clash at some point? Like I'd imagine Phil would like to have 100% say in the running of the football side. If he's getting players passed over to him that you really rate but he doesnt, I know you've said its the managers call, but at some point the wheels could come off of that set-up?

When you said the the other day "If I have my way, the lads will be back training before anyone else". Which is brilliant and the right thing for the club, but shouldnt that call (albeit you'd hope the same call) come from the manager?

Hey Guys

Hope you're well.

Feel free to chime in!
Hi Stan,

Welcome home.

How long before we are back in the Championship?

Sea Sea Seasiders

Should you be taking up a prominent position at the club (fingers crossed) would you still engage so brilliantly as you have been doing so recently?

Its been a breath of fresh air and I sincerely hope it continues.

I want supporters to know their club is working for them and only them. I speak to fans of clubs where engagement is high and they would never ever go back to being observers of their own parade.

I'd respect the employees of the club and the Chairman but would always see supporter engagement as a non negotiable for me.

Hey Guys

Hope you're well.

Feel free to chime in!
How can we become sustainable and have less money but still attract players to go up?

Back