• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Any Questions?

Rubbish post, if we’re already ‘****ed’, what’s the harm in trying? Evidently the vast majority on here are glad about Stan’s potential involvement. Do us a favour and come up with something constructive or better than what Stan’s proposing, I suspect we’ll be waiting a very long time…
I guess we are all desperate and willing ti accept anything. Bring back Sol, with Bond as assistant just for a laugh. I'm just tired of everything to do with Southend now. I really hope Stan can help, but being let down by the club so so so many times it is difficult to see a way out. No disrespect to Stan. Also I have had lots lf drinks at a brewery and should not be posting at all!

**** off Martin!!!

I guess we are all desperate and willing ti accept anything. Bring back Sol, with Bond as assistant just for a laugh. I'm just tired of everything to do with Southend now. I really hope Stan can help, but being let down by the club so so so many times it is difficult to see a way out. No disrespect to Stan. Also I have had lots lf drinks at a brewery and should not be posting at all!

**** off Martin!!!
Go & sleep it off. ? ? ? ? ?

**** off Martin!!!
Get it down you kidda, and vent away! If it's me who you vent at, that's fine, I'm here to help, not hinder.

I'm not Sol or Bond or Powell or Tilly or Phil or anyone other than me. They are all managers, I'm an exceptional facilitator, and I only get involved in things aged 50 that I know I can affect positively.

You cheered for me once upon a time, let me cheer for and on behalf of you now.

I'll put you down as a maybe then ?
One is glad you have responded sir. One will regret it the next day. Apologies, the wife moans at me when I go on here when I have been drinking ?.

I wish you all the best Stan, any help would be appreciated, ignore all the bollocks coming from me earlier. The pint of water helped a lot. I am right to feel embarrased!

Apologies to everyone else by that dumb comment too.

Hi Stan. Do you get the impression from your conversations with Ron that he is now more open to accepting the help you’ve offered and to the level you’d like to give?

Duncan isn’t a Director of Football. Whatever the rumours, put him where he’s best served the club, back as the Head of Youth.

I’ve got nothing but admiration for @stan collymore still fighting on, not even in an official capacity at the club and I’ve seen and heard more credible plans than from anyone actually employed by the club.

We’ve all recently debated about bringing back fans favourites, so they don’t tarnish their reputation… but this has been in more of a managerial capacity.

Personally, listening to Stan on the radio, reading his ideas on here, the zoom calls etc, he has more than shown what a director of football should be doing.

Maybe we need a Maverick, not a yes man. Someone who will actually call it as it is, and not worry about upsetting someone.

You don’t stop the rot by continuing on doing the same thing over and over again and expect the same result… they call that

Stan, thanks for sticking with us and giving us hope where there was nine.

My question is do you think Ron Martin actually cares what the supporters think about him and if so will he take any advice on how to change the current opinion?

Hi Strykr

I would like an official role at Southend United commensurate with what I deliver.

The club knkw who my contacts are and how quickly I can deliver and facilitate so I'd expect that to be recognised.

Not interested in being a club ambassador.
Not interested in "I give you all I've got and you give me thanks in a club statement "

I'm a sports industry pro who's only offered 3 clubs support, and only 3 clubs because I have zero interest in being in the circuit. My life is happy, stable and peaceful, so with the greatest respect, being here answering questions rather than being with family isn't going down well downstairs ?

But I love this club. I believe in it and believe in its future.

So I must exhaust every opportunity to offer help.

I don't care what the title is, let me get into the Hall and start to make things happen.
Thank you Stan for caring, it means so much. I remember as a teenager watching you tear up the old 2nd division, that Luton game is one of my happiest memories.

Today, by contrast must be the ultimate low, we can’t sink any further surely, please help in any way you can Stan.

mate calm down.. a few people walked on some grass during a game of football, you said on another thread you have been going to southend for many many years, how did you cope with 60s/70s and 80s Karen?
I remember being in the North watching watching Stan score a few goals whilst stood behind a big metal fence to keep me off the pitch. Times change, expectations change. I’m glad it was just a few people who walked on the pitch, hopefully in the morning it will be one supporter got lost :-) What I really hope is this is the last time we have to talk about protests. Hopefully Stan’s involvement will achieve that and bring the fans back together.

Back