• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Any Questions?

Duncan isn’t a Director of Football. Whatever the rumours, put him where he’s best served the club, back as the Head of Youth.

I’ve got nothing but admiration for @stan collymore still fighting on, not even in an official capacity at the club and I’ve seen and heard more credible plans than from anyone actually employed by the club.

We’ve all recently debated about bringing back fans favourites, so they don’t tarnish their reputation… but this has been in more of a managerial capacity.

Personally, listening to Stan on the radio, reading his ideas on here, the zoom calls etc, he has more than shown what a director of football should be doing.

Maybe we need a Maverick, not a yes man. Someone who will actually call it as it is, and not worry about upsetting someone.

You don’t stop the rot by continuing on doing the same thing over and over again and expect the same result… they call that
Goods points well made.

We need someone to challenge Ron on decision making. Tom seems like a nice guy and may well have the talent to run the club on a day to day basis but he didn't appear to me to be the type of person to stand up to Ron. In any case he probably doesn't have the footballing mind to do so.

Having a strong minded person like Stan around will be good for all concerned it should, in theory, facilitate better decision making. My only concern would be whether having two alpha males in the same team will work.

Duncan isn’t a Director of Football. Whatever the rumours, put him where he’s best served the club, back as the Head of Youth.

I’ve got nothing but admiration for @stan collymore still fighting on, not even in an official capacity at the club and I’ve seen and heard more credible plans than from anyone actually employed by the club.

We’ve all recently debated about bringing back fans favourites, so they don’t tarnish their reputation… but this has been in more of a managerial capacity.

Personally, listening to Stan on the radio, reading his ideas on here, the zoom calls etc, he has more than shown what a director of football should be doing.

Maybe we need a Maverick, not a yes man. Someone who will actually call it as it is, and not worry about upsetting someone.

You don’t stop the rot by continuing on doing the same thing over and over again and expect the same result… they call that
He’s a Martin yes man, that’s why he’s been over promoted. He needs booting out like Brown and Fagan, a clean sweep and fresh start‘s is what’s needed now.

I’ve just listened to the BBC Essex interview…
That is an interview or someone I want to work for Southend United. That is someone who cares.

Ron would be a fool not to grab this now, and keep ploughing through journeymen managers and players.

The last person who I honestly felt had that much passion for the club in an Interview was Tilly… and that’s what we need!

I’m sure you don’t bother with this message board… but Ron… don’t let this opportunity slip away. Don’t let us become a Bury, Darlington, or a Macclesfield. We’re a bigger club than all of these and it would be the biggest club to go to the wire if god forbid it did! - we also don’t want to do a Stockport … although they’ve steadied their ship a bit further down!

I’ve just listened to the BBC Essex interview…
That is an interview or someone I want to work for Southend United. That is someone who cares.

Ron would be a fool not to grab this now, and keep ploughing through journeymen managers and players.

The last person who I honestly felt had that much passion for the club in an Interview was Tilly… and that’s what we need!

I’m sure you don’t bother with this message board… but Ron… don’t let this opportunity slip away. Don’t let us become a Bury, Darlington, or a Macclesfield. We’re a bigger club than all of these and it would be the biggest club to go to the wire if god forbid it did! - we also don’t want to do a Stockport … although they’ve steadied their ship a bit further down!
Can you share the link to the interview as I missed it?

You obviously get on well with Tilly, do you know Adam Barrett?

Between the 3 of you there is a Director of Football, Manager and Assistant!

You all love Southend and have a care for the club that goes beyond any contract of employment. Together with a top scout and RD back in his youth team capacity, managerial dream team for me!

I obviously hope you can deliver on all you say. I wasn’t around when you played at the club being only 27 but remember the days of Freddy Eastwood, Gower, Flahavan, Maher and Barratt, double promotion and games against Man Utd, Chelsea and Tottenham. How times have changed.

Your passion for the club is clear as day but us Southend fans have been let down time and time again by certain individuals be it either managers or players. Without trying to be dismissive of any of what you say, how can we know that this time is different?

All staff need to be removed from their positions and a clean slate started. People talk about Duncan and all he has done for the club - now is not time for sentiments. You mention you have options for managers, do you have options for other footballing roles within the club?

Thanks for stepping in and I pray to God you can help

I have a list of 10 who I think all have strengths and weaknesses but one gets me very excited.

He's a manager, early 40's, spoken to him recently and he's an impressive guy with an impressive outlook on the game. Doing very well, reputation for quality teams, proactive style, players enjoy playing for him.

The list of 10 will go to Ron and Tom.
Stan
Going back to one of your earlier points. How does a “ club” ( chairman?) decide what our playing style should be?
I assume once the style is understood then some of the candidates would fall away?

Ladies and Gentlemen, any questions you have about my involvement since summer, the club moving forward please fire away.

Stan.
Very simple.

Thank you for caring and trying to help our sinking ship that was once a football club to be proud of and not the embarrassing laughing stock SUFC has become.

Good luck Stan ?

Dear Stan,

I was meant to write to you sooner, but I’ve been f*cking busy..

I’ve been trying to build a stadium, thanks for the CEO, how good is he?

I’m really flattered you want to save this club from all this crap , I’ve had supporters on Zoom, you know Idiots and that!

I’m sorry in the summer I didn’t see your point of view, don’t think I did that sh*t intentionally just to dis you.

But what’s this sh*t you said that you want to work for free at the club too? I say that sh*t is just clowning, what on earth is wrong with you?

You know I’ve got some issues Stan, after these protests I’ll need some counselling…that won’t stop me building these flats on Roots Hall, i’ll tear down the stadium, the bulldozers will start bouncing’

And what’s this sh*t that you want to work together? Your a Maverick and that’s the kind of sh*t that makes not want to continue to meet each other.

Before I hurt your feelings, I think you were doing just fine, If you listen a little, I may even inspire you Stan…why you on BBC Essex sounding mad? Try to understand, I’m trying to keep you at arms length like the fans.

Don’t worry, I won’t do some crazy sh*t, like what happened at Nottingham Forest that made me sick!

An ex-player came to help, and got the owner to sell up… he saved the fans from despair and the kids had a future with their local club

I found a post on their message board, but they didn’t say who the post was too… but come to think of it… the poster…it was… it was you.

Damn …

Ron …

My clubs f*cked up and I’m wondering why, I’m keeping it at all,
The stadiums clouded up my judgement, but we need to leave Roots Hall.
Even if I pull out my war chest,
the club continues to fall.
It reminds me, League Two
wasn’t so bad, not so bad.

Dear Stan,

I was meant to write to you sooner, but I’ve been f*cking busy..

I’ve been trying to build a stadium, thanks for the CEO, how good is he?

I’m really flattered you want to save this club from all this crap , I’ve had supporters on Zoom, you know Idiots and that!

I’m sorry in the summer I didn’t see your point of view, don’t think I did that sh*t intentionally just to dis you.

But what’s this sh*t you said that you want to work for free at the club too? I say that sh*t is just clowning, what on earth is wrong with you?

You know I’ve got some issues Stan, after these protests I’ll need some counselling…that won’t stop me building these flats on Roots Hall, i’ll tear down the stadium, the bulldozers will start bouncing’

And what’s this sh*t that you want to work together? Your a Maverick and that’s the kind of sh*t that makes not want to continue to meet each other.

Before I hurt your feelings, I think you were doing just fine, If you listen a little, I may even inspire you Stan…why you on BBC Essex sounding mad? Try to understand, I’m trying to keep you at arms length like the fans.

Don’t worry, I won’t do some crazy sh*t, like what happened at Nottingham Forest that made me sick!

An ex-player came to help, and got the owner to sell up… he saved the fans from despair and the kids had a future with their local club

They found a post of their message board, but they didn’t say who the post was too… but come to think of it… the poster…it was… it was you.

Damn …

Ron …

My clubs f*cked up and I’m wondering why, I’m keeping it at all,
The stadiums clouded up my judgement, but we need to leave Roots Hall.
Even if I pull out my war chest,
the club continues to fall.
It reminds me, League Two
wasn’t so bad, not so bad.
Class. Absolutely class ?

Stan, can I ask, do your family think your nuts for wanting to getting involved with us?
If so, I'm very glad you're nuts!

Back