• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Any Questions?

Dear Stan,

I was meant to write to you sooner, but I’ve been f*cking busy..

I’ve been trying to build a stadium, thanks for the CEO, how good is he?

I’m really flattered you want to save this club from all this crap , I’ve had supporters on Zoom, you know Idiots and that!

I’m sorry in the summer I didn’t see your point of view, don’t think I did that sh*t intentionally just to dis you.

But what’s this sh*t you said that you want to work for free at the club too? I say that sh*t is just clowning, what on earth is wrong with you?

You know I’ve got some issues Stan, after these protests I’ll need some counselling…that won’t stop me building these flats on Roots Hall, i’ll tear down the stadium, the bulldozers will start bouncing’

And what’s this sh*t that you want to work together? Your a Maverick and that’s the kind of sh*t that makes not want to continue to meet each other.

Before I hurt your feelings, I think you were doing just fine, If you listen a little, I may even inspire you Stan…why you on BBC Essex sounding mad? Try to understand, I’m trying to keep you at arms length like the fans.

Don’t worry, I won’t do some crazy sh*t, like what happened at Nottingham Forest that made me sick!

An ex-player came to help, and got the owner to sell up… he saved the fans from despair and the kids had a future with their local club

I found a post on their message board, but they didn’t say who the post was too… but come to think of it… the poster…it was… it was you.

Damn …

Ron …

My clubs f*cked up and I’m wondering why, I’m keeping it at all,
The stadiums clouded up my judgement, but we need to leave Roots Hall.
Even if I pull out my war chest,
the club continues to fall.
It reminds me, League Two
wasn’t so bad, not so bad.
Quality hahaha

Hello Stan,
Ron obviously listens to you to a point. Do you think we are likely to have a new manager and back room team by the end of the month ?
And who would you like to take the team just for now .
Thanks Stan

Dear Stan,

I’m really flattered you want to save this club from all this crap , I’ve had supporters on Zoom, you know Idiots and that!

I’m sorry in the summer I didn’t see your point of view, don’t think I did that sh*t intentionally just to dis you.

But what’s this sh*t you said that you want to work for free at the club too? I say that sh*t is just clowning, what on earth is wrong with you?

You know I’ve got some issues Stan, after these protests I’ll need some counselling…that won’t stop me building these flats on Roots Hall, i’ll tear down the stadium, the bulldozers will start bouncing’

And what’s this sh*t that you want to work together? Your a Maverick and that’s the kind of sh*t that makes not want to continue to meet each other.

Before I hurt your feelings, I think you were doing just fine, If you listen a little, I may even inspire you Stan…why you on BBC Essex sounding mad? Try to understand, I’m trying to keep you at arms length like the fans.

Don’t worry, I won’t do some crazy sh*t, like what happened at Nottingham Forest that made me sick!

An ex-player came to help, and got the owner to sell up… he saved the fans from despair and the kids had a future with their local club

I found a post on their message board, but they didn’t say who the post was too… but come to think of it… the poster…it was… it was you.

Damn …

Ron …

Superb. Anyone else trying to read this in a ropey Eminem style accent?

So, we've had the hype before and of course, we don't know the reasons why you pulled out so abruptly. One can only imagine.
My fear (once bitten, twice shy) is that you'll do it again.
In the words of a great band 'don't believe the hype'.... prove me wrong please.

Hi Stan - very, very early days of course but if what you are proposing to do to assist the club go through what will amount to a pretty massive rebuild from the ground up, with regards to the FF/RH redevelopment and assuming everything goes to plan (please God in our lifetimes....) - if everything does progress positively would you be in favour of a potential consortium buy-out from RM should the opportunity arise (and RM be willing to sell of course) ? I believe this was something that you touched on a few months back and was curious as to whether you'd be keen to reignite that interest.

As many have already said before here, it's really appreciated the amount of time and effort you're affording SUFC and I'd imagine in the greater scheme of things it's a lot for you to take on - so thank-you, sincerely.

Last edited:
In the aftermath of yesterday. I believe that next Saturdays game in the FA Cup is the ideal opportunity for the club to demonstrate that they intend to move forward from today onwards. With this in mind, what do you believe the cub needs to do over the next 48 - 72 hours that will enable the team to overcome, what is potentially the clubs BIGGEST banana skin in the clubs history, and avoid defeat? We are used to being inthe 1st round proper of the FA Cup. I'd hate to have the same feeling of emptiness that I had when the League Cup 1st round draw was made..☹

Welcome back to the Zone Stan, heard your interview yesterday and once again it was great to hear you being so passionate about our situation and the club in general.
I'm just hoping that this time around Ron actually listens to what you have to say as I personally felt that earlier this year he let both you and us the fans down totally.
In regards to questions I have two and a statement if you don't mind
Firstly we all know the problems on the park but were do you think the main area of concern is personally i would say midfield as at the moment its ponderously slow and non creative, what's your take on this?
Secondly what is your plan of action going forward? I can understand we now need to look for a new manager thats obvious but as you know the problems just arn't on the field but rotten from top to bottom , is it clear the decks and start again? does Tom have any ideas that he has spoken to you of (having been in the job for a while now? surely he must have some insight!!
And finally to the statement, Personally I feel that the offer that you have made to help is one not to be sniffed at after all there's so much to gain and so little to lose. Please don't let Ron blindside you with bull**** this time around. If nothing else he is a master manipulator!! and just a little thing ignore the haters this time around. You cant please all the people all the time.
Once again welcome back will be looking forward to reading your posts in future (I assume you will be keeping us updated) and best of luck with your endeavors here's hoping they bear fruit)
UTB :-)

Hi Stan,

Thanks for all your efforts so far.

This seems like the last throw of the dice with Ron tomorrow, what will happen if the meeting doesn't go well and he doesn't want to listen?

Morning Stan.

My question is this:

If Ron doesn't engage with you in the way that we all hope, or he completely disregards your offer of help, then what would you advise us as fans to do?

At the moment there seems to be a divide amongst the fans on this subject. It's not helping us unite as one.

I hope it all goes well and we welcome your involvement at this difficult time.

Dear Stan,

Damn …

Ron …

Absolutely class. A bit of comedy to cheer up my otherwise miserable morning after yesterday

In the aftermath of yesterday. I believe that next Saturdays game in the FA Cup is the ideal opportunity for the club to demonstrate that they intend to move forward from today onwards. With this in mind, what do you believe the cub needs to do over the next 48 - 72 hours that will enable the team to overcome, what is potentially the clubs BIGGEST banana skin in the clubs history, and avoid defeat? We are used to being inthe 1st round proper of the FA Cup. I'd hate to have the same feeling of emptiness that I had when the League Cup 1st round draw was made..☹
Too soon to make a rebuild statement. Will take months/years

Too soon to make a rebuild statement. Will take months/years
I understand that there is a lot of negativity amongst many fans. But do you think Stan would make the statement like he did yesterday if he didn't expect things to start moving quickly.? If you believe it will take months/years for a rebuild statement to be made I'd like to know what your list of expectations are for the club?

Hi Stan, I am not sure if this has been asked. If everything became too much for Ron and he wanted out have you got potential new owners lined up?

Dear Stan,

Damn …

Ron …

This wins the internet for the weekend. Top drawer.

Mr Collymore, on your debut another young striker, Paul Brown? Also made his debut, scored two? and went on to play for a couple of clubs, Gills? Before injury and retirement from playing.
He is I believe, a fitness coach now.
Is he a consideration for a fitness coach role at our club?

Back