• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Any Questions?

You seem to have been involved more in recent weeks, have you passed a list of names to Ron for managerial/coaching positions?

It sounds like our reputation is so bad at the moment that players are advised by their agents to come here only if they have literally no other options. Assuming that Ron is going nowhere (if he went I'd guess agents would give the new owner a chance) what can the club do to convince agents that the issues of the past (particularly players not being paid on time) aren't going to happen again?

Thanks for your help Stan, your passionate assistance and knowledge is needed like never before.

I think the vast majority just want this ****show to stop. Every week is a new low.

If you can entice decent, athletic players to this club and get us out of this mess, you have my vote and support.

Please just bear in mind that some people won't agree with you so try not to to take it too personally if you get trolled. Thick skin needed, just don't engage.

Ladies and Gentlemen, any questions you have about my involvement since summer, the club moving forward please fire away.

Stan.
Hey Stan. Thought your interview after the game was first class and I love what you appear to be saying. Maybe we can do this a different way though and we just start with the point you’ve raised?

Giving us an update on your involvement since summer and the club moving forward would be a great place to start.

Do you believe that Ron Martin can turn around his stewardship of the club with the necessary changes to the structure? After the offer that was made to was changed, you were rightly upset and stated you would not work with the club whilst Ron Martin is in charge. Have you seen something to change your opinion on this?

Yes

If the investment from the chairman has been there for the past 3 seasons where are things going wrong ?

According to the chairman the club does not have a bad name in footballing circles despite rumours to the contrary, so why aren’t we attracting a better class of player ?

6 managers in little over 3 seasons have failed to get a southend team playing for the shirt…6 managers would suggest there are issues elsewhere, in your / the chairman’s opinion what is the root cause ?

The club is sinking rather rapidly everywhere you look. Do you and your associates actually have enough lifeboats?

Was the role you were due to take in the summer then taken by Ricky Duncan (perhaps not the official role but perhaps some of the tasks he now does)?

On the hopes going forward, Stan, and looking at the way the NL sits at the moment, is there a thought that getting a more attacking style of play, playing without fear, and putting sides under pressure is the way ahead.

Giving younger players more freedom to express themselves and building a side around a goalscorer, as have the best sides at Southend over the years - Eastwood, Angell, Best, Yourself - and so on.

Will Ricky Duncan and Anton Robinson also be relieved of their duties as was suggested by yourself?

If the answer is no:

1) Will you still offer your help?

2) Do you still believe you can implement the changes you believe to be necessary with them still at the club?

Also, will Tom have a say in this new appointment? I’d hope so given Ron has been doing these on his own for 5 years and that’s where problems began.

You seem to have been involved more in recent weeks, have you passed a list of names to Ron for managerial/coaching positions?

I believe it's my responsibility as a former player with a profile, contacts, 30 years in the sport to offer help.

So from July I've communicated with Ron and Tom giving them ideas, my preferred role at the club if they want something more tangible, problems in the club, and yes, names of new managers should the club move away from Phil Brown and Co.

Names are excellent and like Tom Lawrence would pay the club back 5 fold in the coming seasons.

I want a role, I know my strengths and they are to facilitate the change of Southend United Football Club from shambles yo shining light.

I am prepared to do this transparently, speedily, backed by industry pros that Championship clubs would be delighted to have on their side, and with Southend United, and Southend United alone at heart.

Will Ricky Duncan and Anton Robinson also be relieved of their duties as was suggested by yourself?

If the answer is no:

1) Will you still offer your help?

2) Do you still believe you can implement the changes you believe to be necessary with them still at the club?
I believe everyone involved in the first team football staff who's responsibility it is to buy, sell, negotiate, recruit, put out teams should be sacked. Today.

Ladies and Gentlemen, any questions you have about my involvement since summer, the club moving forward please fire away.

Stan.
No questions, I trust you to do what’s needed. Just a plea from me.

Be thick skinned. We have suffered so much disappointment and smoke and mirrors, a lot of fans are cynical of anything, and don’t know a good thing when it comes along like an ex player who wants to help fix things. Ignore the comments, and prove them wrong with actions and delivery.

Up the blues, and thank you Stan!

Back