• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNasty

On BBC news tonight it was mentioned that 55 football clubs have reported historic sex abuse, including Matt Le Tiss commenting on his time as a youngster.

Has there been anything reported at Southend ?

On BBC news tonight it was mentioned that 55 football clubs have reported historic sex abuse, including Matt Le Tiss commenting on his time as a youngster.

Barry Fry ****ed every single Southend fan in 1993.

Ok...I put my hands up!....It was me!..... Back in the late 80's I did once scream at Dick Bate calling him a useless ****ing tart... (actually, it was quite a lot stronger than that, but the Shrimperzone swear filter kicks in).

Anyway, I feel its water under the bridge now, as it was a long time ago, and he has concluded to the fact that I was right! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks...can we not make light of something that is incredibly traumatic for those who were abused? It is hardly a subject ripe for "humour".

Hey folks...can we not make light of something that is incredibly traumatic for those who were abused? It is hardly a subject ripe for "humour".

Sometimes, bloke, humour is the thing that gets people through difficult times.

We will stamp on anything offensive but , although it is a serious issue, we don't want to make the thread too morbid.

Think it should be moved to general football thread IMO.

At this stage (and hopefully not) its currently not a SUFC related matter. But by all means keep posting opinions.

Sometimes, bloke, humour is the thing that gets people through difficult times.

We will stamp on anything offensive but , although it is a serious issue, we don't want to make the thread too morbid.

It's a thread about the sexual abuse of minors....it IS a morbid subject that has caused the deaths of many adults and youngsters who cant handle the shame and humiliation...and you think its ok to joke? Any joke is too offensive already. What if a shrimperzone member was a victim? Or their son or daughter? (maybe not in this football environment), and they see the Mods allowing jokes to be made about situations that have ruined lives. Will you take responsibility then? Sorry...but this subject is damning on our society..not joke worthy.

It's a thread about the sexual abuse of minors....it IS a morbid subject that has caused the deaths of many adults and youngsters who cant handle the shame and humiliation...and you think its ok to joke? Any joke is too offensive already. What if a shrimperzone member was a victim? Or their son or daughter? (maybe not in this football environment), and they see the Mods allowing jokes to be made about situations that have ruined lives. Will you take responsibility then? Sorry...but this subject is damning on our society..not joke worthy.

I agree with your every word.

That's the thing with free speech, you might not like it but everyone has the right to voice whatever they want.
Don't try to ban it - there's a good chap.

gpd is absolutely right. Sexual abuse is not a subject for humour. I have never met a survivor of sexual abuse who thinks it's remotely funny or has used humour as a way of dealing with it. It's a valid subject but posters need to show a bit more responsibility for what they post and perhaps delay sending posts before rereading them and then deciding that perhaps what they have written is not worth posting.

gpd is absolutely right. Sexual abuse is not a subject for humour. I have never met a survivor of sexual abuse who thinks it's remotely funny or has used humour as a way of dealing with it. It's a valid subject but posters need to show a bit more responsibility for what they post and perhaps delay sending posts before rereading them and then deciding that perhaps what they have written is not worth posting.

Should that apply to the Football related threads while were at it.

Should that apply to the Football related threads while were at it.

Feel free to do so. :winking:

That's the thing with free speech, you might not like it but everyone has the right to voice whatever they want.

I am with gpd on this all the way and would probably get banned from SZ if I used my free speech to describe anyone who can justify any jokes or quips about such an awful subject.

My father-in-law worked in the Child Protection Unit at Rayleigh Police for many years and some of the stories that I heard would make any person cry.

Free speech comes with a moral responsibility to use it appropriately.

It's a myth, there never has and never will be free speech in this country. Slander and libel laws exist for this very reason.

I am with gpd on this all the way and would probably get banned from SZ if I used my free speech to describe anyone who can justify any jokes or quips about such an awful subject.

My father-in-law worked in the Child Protection Unit at Rayleigh Police for many years and some of the stories that I heard would make any person cry.

Free speech comes with a moral responsibility to use it appropriately.

Well said, kids getting raped. Hilarious. :nope:

Can anyone answer the original post and can everyone else stop banging on about unconnected thoughts on other posters morals.........................As a club are we clean or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back