• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any Subaru owners on the Zone??

Sherif H

Omar's older brother
Very random I know, but with Southend being somewhat of a car mecca (yes, a vast majority are heaps of course!) at the weekends, I was wondering whether any other SZ members owned the beautiful Japanese beast that is the Subaru Impreza?!

If you do, let me know and we can compare geeky notes! :D

Oh and my first Scoob is now proudly owned by a fellow SZer

That would be me then! Although i'm not in to exchanging geeky notes about horse-torque powers and the like :tumbleweed:

My mate who I live with who is a season ticket holder at Southend United (funnily enough sits next to me) has a Scooby on a 52 plate and is pretty tuned up to the max.

n510471831_538727_5754.jpg

You can see it in the background of this photo.

My mate who I live with who is a season ticket holder at Southend United (funnily enough sits next to me) has a Scooby on a 52 plate and is pretty tuned up to the max.

What you were really doing was showing off your Alfa ;)

Better than that old Corsa or whatever it was!!

What are you doing with Darryl's bike?

Haha...same model scooby as mine...the 'Marmite' bugeye version, although mine now has a carbon fibre bonnet.

OMG I was only saying to my misses today that I might sell my motor to buy a subaru, at first she thought I was serious then we both ****ed ourselves laughing

Last edited:

Do you drive around with the reg plate showing as RICEY M or is it just for show? Should it not be R10 EYM:unsure:
Also is it not an offence to park on a pavement, just think of all the mums with prams and people in wheelchairs that have to go into the road just to get past your car. Also is it an offence to have one of those mini motorbikes on a public highway, as probably not taxed or insured.

Quite a few crimes there Ricey, you could be in court all day sorting that lot out!!!!!!!:)

Changing number plates just gives the Police an excuse to pull you over. Just a word of warning my sister got stopped & fined for a similar offence.

OMG I was only saying to my misses today that I might sell my motor to buy a subaru, at first she thought I was serious then we both ****ed ourselves laughing

Nothing funny about a Subaru dear boy....they are the fiercest of Japanese monsters!! ;)

Nothing funny about a Subaru dear boy....they are the fiercest of Japanese monsters!! ;)

Absolutely,my mate took me out in his WRX sti uk 330 on about an '06 plate recently and i can report back --aaaaarrrrgghh!SCARY!

Watching these car tax regs coming in i think i'm going old school with my next car.Gotta be pre '01 to stay at the £200 limit,then i'll start a search for the good,quick and cheap.I'll be looking up to 6k for spendies.My list runs at Merc E55 amg on a '99,Evo1V (4) on a '96,Scooby Sti Wrx '97,Skyline Gtst with base mods to take into the 300 brake region.Those Skylines are soooo sexy,a real fave of mine.
Saying that,i'll probably end up with some sort of humungus jeep to tow our caravan.
Import laws change next year so they'll be less and less coming into the country and this'll push up prices for a while i dare say,so anybody who considering buying a jap import,get yer finger out!

Absolutely,my mate took me out in his WRX sti uk 330 on about an '06 plate recently and i can report back --aaaaarrrrgghh!SCARY!

Watching these car tax regs coming in i think i'm going old school with my next car.Gotta be pre '01 to stay at the £200 limit,then i'll start a search for the good,quick and cheap.I'll be looking up to 6k for spendies.My list runs at Merc E55 amg on a '99,Evo1V (4) on a '96,Scooby Sti Wrx '97,Skyline Gtst with base mods to take into the 300 brake region.Those Skylines are soooo sexy,a real fave of mine.
Saying that,i'll probably end up with some sort of humungus jeep to tow our caravan.
Import laws change next year so they'll be less and less coming into the country and this'll push up prices for a while i dare say,so anybody who considering buying a jap import,get yer finger out!

Get yourself a Scooby P1 on (I think) a 99 plate or thereabouts. One of, if not the best Scooby out there :)

Back