• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anybody else feel overly festive..........

Lester Bangs

Manager
.........and it still being November?

I'm sat at home with a glass of wine and TMF are playing the top 40 christmas records presented by Noddy Holder. During the Histon V Leeds game I was barraged by christmas adverts and driving back from the football yesterday I would have to say that there were at least half a dozen houses with external christmas lighting.

I feel like it should be about the 20th December but alas we have more than three weeks to go until santa drops down out chimneys. Anybody else suffering from over zealous festive-ness or should I just get a grip?

Not at all...

The lights on my festive furry fong have been flashing for over a week now....:stunned:

I have a 3 year old who for the first time has fully grasped what this Christmas lark is all about. She works herself up into a hyperactive frenzy singing Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer over and over again and talks about little else.

The weekend just gone started with a trip into the city to see the Christmas Lights be turned on in Brisbane on Friday night. Yesterday she had a party organised by her Day Care at a local park where she had a Christmas Tree painted on her face and Santa came to see the kids. We then came home and gave in to her and put up the tree and decorations (at least a day early in my book, but anything for a quiet life).

So yes, it seems Christmas is truly upon us in my household. One problem for me - we did all this in blooming 30 degree (centigrade) heat and as a result I just don't feel in the festive spirit. To feel like Christmas I should be wrapped up in a coat, hat and scarve. The only warmth I should be feeling is from the glow of an open fire in a pub.

This will take a lot of getting used to!

PS - Bah Humbug!

I have a friend in Aus that always sends me an Xmas card, normally of the sun and sitting on the beach...all very odd...:unsure:

I have a friend in Aus that always sends me an Xmas card, normally of the sun and sitting on the beach...all very odd...:unsure:

skippy.jpg

So yes, it seems Christmas is truly upon us in my household. One problem for me - we did all this in blooming 30 degree (centigrade) heat and as a result I just don't feel in the festive spirit. To feel like Christmas I should be wrapped up in a coat, hat and scarve. The only warmth I should be feeling is from the glow of an open fire in a pub.

This will take a lot of getting used to!

PS - Bah Humbug!
Sounds really tough mate...

p.s Dont know how many times I can put up with that ASDA advert

Strangest things is you leave your air-conditioned house, jump into your air-conditioned car and drive to the air-conditioned shopping mall to do your Christmas shopping.

Perhaps all this artificial cooling does strange things to the Aussie brain because as you walk around doing your shopping they are playing Frosty The Snowman, Let It Snow and I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas on the tannoy. All very weird if you ask me......

Last edited:
Sounds really tough mate...

p.s Dont know how many times I can put up with that ASDA advert

It's not tough at all mate if I'm honest, that's why I'm here.

However I won't be going to Stamford Bridge so it does have it's downsides. I'd put up with the annoying ASDA advert being on constant loop for the whole 24 hour + plane journey home if it means I could be at the match.

Strangest things is you leave your air-conditioned house, jump into your air-conditioned car and drive to the air-conditioned shopping mall to do your Christmas shopping.

Perhaps all this artificial cooling does strange things to the Aussie brain because as you walk around doing your shopping they are playing Frosty The Snowman, Let It Snow and I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas on the tannoy. All very wierd if you ask me......

I just hope Chrissy POwl will be safe in your foreign country in March..:unsure:

I am most definitely feeling the Christmas spirit even though we still have 3 weeks left!

I think I'm having the opposite experience of Libertine. All the snow here made me start feeling christmassy 2 weeks ago! And on Friday night we went to the park and watched a little concert of Christmas songs sung by 10 year olds as they turned on all the lights in the trees in the park. Standing about bundled up, hot chocolate in hand, with friends singing Christmas songs. Doesn't get more Christmassy than that. And I bloody love it!

Plus I think I am so so so so excited for Christmas this year as I have an even bigger respect for how it's a time to spend with your friends and family. Everybody say "Awwwww"

I have no friends or family Rach...what am I to do......I will maybe light a candle and cook a Sparrow over it ...waste not want...;)

I have no friends or family Rach...what am I to do......I will maybe light a candle and cook a Sparrow over it ...waste not want...;)

I can lend you my cat if you want? He's pretty good at catching birds... or a squirrel if you want one of those? Not a turkey I know but hey, beggers can't be choosers!

I can lend you my pussy if you want? He's pretty good at catching birds... or a squirrel if you want one of those? Not a turkey I know but hey, beggers can't be choosers!

Well there is no answer to that......:stunned:

I bloody knew you would do that! You have a filthy mind! You don't deserve to have a nice Christmas with good clean fun with a mind like that!

Christmas? bah humbug! Getting soaking bloody wet trying to find the "perfect" christmas tree for each n every customer. For once in the year I know how it feels to sell ladies shoes!

Plus I'll not get enough time off to visit the parents, so it'll be Christmas day alone. I'll get a pigeon, not worth getting a turkey, and I'll wedge a cracker behind the door so i can pretend someone's there to pull it with :(

On the plus side, I'm off over New Year, so it'll be a belated Yuel in Norfolk with the family, mum's excellent cooking, beer, malt whiskey, Drambuie, wine, and Gin n Tonic in the evening. *hic* happy days! :)

Back