• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anybody speak spanish?

Mighty Shrimper

Manager
I'm looking at getting a tattoo done in spanish going down the inside of my arm and have been looking around trying to translate the following:

love and courage conquer fear

This is what I have come up with so far:

el amor y el valor conquistar el miedo
el amor y el valor conquistan el miedo
el amor y el coraje vencer el miedo
el amor y el coraje vencen el miedo

Is there anybody who speaks spanish on here who can shed some light onto which one of these is correct or if not, what the translation is?

You talking Mexican Spanish or European Spanish?

This is more like it I think

el amor y el valor conquistan temor

Babel fish says this
value love and love conquer fear and courage conquer fear love and courage to overcome fear and courage love overcome

Babel fish says this
value love and love conquer fear and courage conquer fear love and courage to overcome fear and courage love overcome

I'm sorry Osy, am I the only one finds it incredibly funny that you're providing translation, I mean, when we're talking about tattoos?!

I'm sorry Osy, am I the only one finds it incredibly funny that you're providing translation, I mean, when we're talking about tattoos?!

Oddly i do actually speak a little Spanish and a few over languages , my brains fairly good at translating meanings if its of verbal and latin root (so i can understand basic conversations in Spanish French , italian , some Norwegian ). English is one of the worest languages in the word if your Dyslexic , where as Spanish is one of the best , Welsh on teh other hand....

Oddly i do actually speak a little Spanish and a few over languages , my brains fairly good at translating meanings if its of verbal and latin root (so i can understand basic conversations in Spanish French , italian , some Norwegian ). English is one of the worest languages in the word if your Dyslexic , where as Spanish is one of the best , Welsh on teh other hand....

No, I know, and I'm not being disparaging or anything, it's just the thought of someone taking your written advice and getting a tat with a wrong spelling!

No, I know, and I'm not being disparaging or anything, it's just the thought of someone taking your written advice and getting a tat with a wrong spelling!

Lol yeah i know , its also a more common abaility in people with Dyspraxia to be good with language's as well :D

Also while I'm here Its Dyslexia awareness week
Also for Teachers
Regional Conferences to Help Dyslexic Pupils in the Classroom
2 October 2009
The British Dyslexia Association (BDA) is holding conferences across the UK looking at classroom best practice that will improve the lives of dyslexic pupils.
The exciting programme includes:

• Inclusive dyslexia teaching
  • Technology to assist in classroom
  • Information on Dyscalculia
  • Learning through play
  • Whiteboards and inclusion in the classroom
The conferences are taking place in Lisburn, Northern Ireland, on 13th October, Plymouth on 3rd October and London on 5th November.

I'm looking at getting a tattoo done in spanish going down the inside of my arm and have been looking around trying to translate the following:

love and courage conquer fear

This is what I have come up with so far:

el amor y el valor conquistar el miedo
el amor y el valor conquistan el miedo
el amor y el coraje vencer el miedo
el amor y el coraje vencen el miedo

You want all that on your arm? Jesus, how long are they.

Yo creo que un tatuaje como ese no seria una buen idea. Pero si quieres hacerlo...

"El amor y la valentia vencen el temor"

(Pregunté a una colega española también para verificarlo.)

ps are you using definite articles? Your translations are "the love and the courage conquer the fear"

pps Osy, a week's only 7 days.

ps are you using definite articles? Your translations are "the love and the courage conquer the fear"

That was the bit I had to get help on :)

However, I've got another opinion from a Spanish colleague who is (obviously) very good at Spanish and probably better at English than me too. He says...

"Amor y coraje conquistan el miedo"

pps Osy, a week's only 7 days.

I know i think its a bad pun they started it last week and ending it on 11 Nov ( i have no idea why !), on that i used babel fish as my own translation was conqueror of love he he :D

Back