• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone else have a nightmare journey home tonight?.

Billy Bests boot laces

President⭐⭐
Had an appointment at a Recruitment Consultants in Southend late afternoon, and left Sainsburys car park at 5.25pm. Straight journey back to Leigh along the A13 took 3 hours due to the road being a sheet of ice, with outside temp at -3.
Absolutely shattered now. Anyone else have a shocking journey home?

Yes BBBL, also had a nightmare, left Chalkwell Park around 5ish, London Road was just an ice ring, auto car was having none of it and completely locked up. Several near misses later, had some help from a couple of kind motorists, managed to get car into a layby and had to phone a friend to come and pick me up. By then A13 gridlocked, got home around 9.00pm.
Have to try to go back tomorrow to retrieve my car, needless to say my 'not having a drink until Friday' has gone out the window and am feel slightly more chilled after a glass of wine. Roll on summer :clap:

Nope, left Crawley around 13:30 and was home in Eastwood about 14:45. Temp around 0 to -1 and heavy snow showers there and back but no problems at all.

Dunno, haven't left the office yet.

But I suspect I'll be feeling very much more chilled once I've run 3 miles into that ****ing wind!

Yes BBBL, also had a nightmare, left Chalkwell Park around 5ish, London Road was just an ice ring, auto car was having none of it and completely locked up. Several near misses later, had some help from a couple of kind motorists, managed to get car into a layby and had to phone a friend to come and pick me up. By then A13 gridlocked, got home around 9.00pm.
Have to try to go back tomorrow to retrieve my car, needless to say my 'not having a drink until Friday' has gone out the window and am feel slightly more chilled after a glass of wine. Roll on summer :clap:

Summer was last Tuesday and we are now back on course for Christmas and New Year!

Nope - 1h 5mins door to door from Fleet Street to Benfleet.

God bless C2C.

not so blessy god to it this morning, took an hour and forty to get from Southend East to Fenchurch, but that said, running as always, whatever the weather!

I had a shocker to, left Rayleigh at just before 5 and didn't get to Southchurch until just before 8. The Roads were shocking in Southend but Southchurch was pure ice and had to park my car up as I seriously thought I was going to crash.

I was working in the barn digging out a doorway and when my youngest came and told me it was dinner time it took me 12 secounds to lock up and get back home,total mare no snow no ice but my nips did get hard for a brief moment better the barn and house.
Can not believe you have bad weather again.

Just hope that you parked it correctly and in accordance with the parking standards of Southend Council - as we all kmow what this council is like in targeting the motorists

Back