• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I said to a couple of mates yesterday that this feels very similar to the feeling I had when Tilly came in.

CP loves this club. The fans love CP and all in all i think we may be in for another fairytale adventure.

Of course this could amount to nothing, but i don't think so.

Let's see where this season leads and then I think next year could be a special one.

As someone who remembers him scampering down the left wing for us 20+ years ago at the start of his career and who also remembers the Tilly era I really hope so. He's a great guy and whats so nice is he clearly loves us as a club and if, and I mean if, we can finally get this new stadium sorted I'd be more confident about another crack at the Championship hopefully with SCP as our manager.

It would do him good as well to be able to take us into the championship maybe next season after consolidating.

The place (from afar) seems much brighter since he took over, I wasn't personally anti Brown in fact I was grateful for all he did for us but something seemed to have gone badly wrong so the decision to bring Chris in seems right to me. I left Southend/ Essex in the late 90s so I have only really seen us play away (with a couple of exceptions) over the last 20 years and have seen some cracking away wins a couple of dodgy losses (at Hillsborough when we were last in the Championship springs to mind) and couple of drubbings along the way so I'm looking forward to seeing us.

"Wanna see ya Wiggle it"

I certainly hope we get close to those glorious early years we had under Tilly, it is so nice to have the feel good factor back, we were genuinely in freefall and had lost our identity as a club, especially losing our longest serving player too.

Now with Sir Chrissy Powell back, the fans are galvanised and the players are all freshened up and trying to earn their places ahead of a play off/promotion push next season. It makes such a difference to have "Southend people" back involved and it was great seeing Kevin Maher and Ricky Duncan step up alongside unsung backroom hero's like Ben Clarkson.

Powell has sufficient time to embed his philosophy's and expectations ahead of the summer, he also has ample time to asses the squad in terms of who he wants to keep and what he needs to add.

I am excited to have my club back and can't wait for this next chapter of the club's history

Back