• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone for Roget?

Jaysta

Schoolboy
Oxford United manager Jim Smith has released seven players following the club's relegation to the Conference.
Jamie Brooks, Matt Robinson, Leo Roget, Mark E'Beyer, Stuart Gray, Jon Ashton and Bradie Clark will leave.

On-loan defender Warren Goodhind is also on his way out of the Kassam Stadium and will return to Rochdale.

However, Smith has opened contract talks with Southend midfielder Jay Smith and Chesterfield striker Tcham N'Toya following their loan stays.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jaysta @ May 09 2006,15:36)]However, Smith has opened contract talks with Southend midfielder Jay Smith and Chesterfield striker Tcham N'Toya following their loan stays.
Still think Jay can comfortably play at least as high as League 1 - hope he doesn't have to drop to the Conference (provided we release him of course).

Rogets - forget him, we can do better than him, we should be looking at Championship standard players not lower level players who just dropped to Conference.

No to Roget, not better than what we've got.

Hope Jay doesn't sign for Oxford far too good for the conference.

Unless Jim Smith turns out to be Jay Smiths Dad I really cant see him dropping that low.

Personally I think Jay could still do a good job for us and now he seems to have had a run of matches with Oxford he might even be able to stay fit long enough to get a game or two.

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 09 2006,14:55)]Unless Jim Smith turns out to be Jay Smiths Dad I really cant see him dropping that low.

Personally I think Jay could still do a good job for us and now he seems to have had a run of matches with Oxford he might even be able to stay fit long enough to get a game or two.

DtS
I don't think Jim is Jay's Dad - Jay is not tall enough.

Jay won't go there if he leaves us - even given his drop in form compared to his early days with us, he should be looking at a league 2 club at the very least.

On the topic of Roget - I'd say no. We need players with Championship experience.

Rogets got the ability to play at Championship level but I question is attitude and personality in relation to the current spirit in the camp

Back