• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone got good kit knowledge?

Similar but not right IIRC
Think it was more like the Dundee Utd away shirt of the era (although we had orange not red on the shirt)

Are you sure mate? It looks about right.

This is what my badly fragmented memory came up with this morning, but I know it's not right :(

olympic_sportswear_templa4.png

Are you sure mate? It looks about right.

This is what my badly fragmented memory came up with this morning, but I know it's not right :(

olympic_sportswear_templa4.png

Think the right hand sleeve (e.g. left hand side of pic) wasn't completely grey.
I seem to remember the shoulder strap was thicker and the sleeve went to white.

See if you can locate a Dundee Utd away 98/99 shirt, think as I said it's a direct copy if you sub the tangerine for red.

Think the right hand sleeve (e.g. left hand side of pic) wasn't completely grey.
I seem to remember the shoulder strap was thicker and the sleeve went to white.

See if you can locate a Dundee Utd away 98/99 shirt, think as I said it's a direct copy if you sub the tangerine for red.

Damn it....I'd say the NI away kit was closer
football_shirt_2516_1_400x0.jpg

It was exactly the same as the Ireland top.

As previously stated I don't think it was worn after about October.

Never went on sale either.

Nah, sorry one sleeve was red, not orange.

It was also worn at Scarborough first game of 98/99 season (we won 2-1) IIRC. I remember it being worn at Gillingham in the League Cup & at Peterborough as mentioned earlier. For some reason, come September, we adopted the all red version of the blue home shirt (think that was worn for the first time away at Coventry in League Cup R2).

I seem to remember it was blamed on an issue regarding Olympic the kit suppliers for that season.

What do you mean light blue abortion? We wore it at Bournemouth on Sat & have worn/will wear at most away games all season.

SZ's Kit Professor at your service! :p

I may be geting old but it was certainly to the orange end of the red spectrum.

And I wasn't meaning that the light blue/dark blue shirt had been scrapped I just wish that it had been. It looks awful and being blue totally defeats the object of having an away strip.

Last edited:
Back