• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone got good kit knowledge?

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
Staff member
I'm trying to find a good photo/description of what can only be described as a one-off third shirt that we used in 1998/99 (first season back in Div 3). We wore it away at Gillingham in the first leg of the Worthington Cup First Round I think (won 1-0, Adrian Clarke scored)

I can remember the sponsor being Progressive and the body of the shirt being white, but I think one sleeve was red and the other was green or grey or something like that. Anyone have it/remember it vividly?

I have seen that on ebay before. You see the red one quite a bit on there.

Southend-90-Home.jpg

I love this shirt but £40! HMMM.

Thanks man. I'd quite like to find a photo tho if I can.

I have seen that on ebay before. You see the red one quite a bit on there.

I've seen the red one plenty of times. I'd quite like to find this white one.

I swear that SUFCDB has it slightly wrong, because I really do remember it having different coloured sleeves.....

For anyone wondering, I'm using Adobe Photoshop to make a few kits from Southend years gone by for Football Manager 2008 that i can use on a game for a retro SUFC squad :)

Telewest1-1.jpg

Progressive1.jpg

I'm trying to find a good photo/description of what can only be described as a one-off third shirt that we used in 1998/99 (first season back in Div 3). We wore it away at Gillingham in the first leg of the Worthington Cup First Round I think (won 1-0, Adrian Clarke scored)

I can remember the sponsor being Progressive and the body of the shirt being white, but I think one sleeve was red and the other was green or grey or something like that. Anyone have it/remember it vividly?

I know the one you mean and also seem to remember it having different coloured sleeves. Don't think it was a one-off though. Pretty sure we wore it for the very next game too, away at Peterborough. Simon Coleman scored at our end in a 1-1 draw.

Someone must have a pic somewhere?

I know the one you mean and also seem to remember it having different coloured sleeves. Don't think it was a one-off though. Pretty sure we wore it for the very next game too, away at Peterborough. Simon Coleman scored at our end in a 1-1 draw.

Someone must have a pic somewhere?

Yeah, perhaps you're right. I know we definitely wore it for Gills. I've tried to find a pic on the web, even action shots from the game, but can't find it anywhere. Might have a flick thru some programmes from that season tomorrow, see if I can find it, but I'm not holding out hope!

I've got a hazy memory of Alex Burns scoring in that shirt too, but I may have dreamed it.

Actually, yeah, you're right. Away at Scunny. Free-kick I think, or at least a long range shot. There must be a pic somewhere!!!

One sleeve was grey, the other orange. It was the nicest looking away kit ever. No wonder it was only used a few times and then scrapped.

cf the current light blue abortion!!

Nah, sorry one sleeve was red, not orange.

It was also worn at Scarborough first game of 98/99 season (we won 2-1) IIRC. I remember it being worn at Gillingham in the League Cup & at Peterborough as mentioned earlier. For some reason, come September, we adopted the all red version of the blue home shirt (think that was worn for the first time away at Coventry in League Cup R2).

I seem to remember it was blamed on an issue regarding Olympic the kit suppliers for that season.

What do you mean light blue abortion? We wore it at Bournemouth on Sat & have worn/will wear at most away games all season.

SZ's Kit Professor at your service! :p

Back