• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone got the heating on yet??

Good job it's still mild, as only had heating on twice & for an hr max. Received my quarterly bill today from British gas for £77. Same one for this time last year was £39!.
Now in theory the coldest 3 months of the year await us, so will be interesting what Feb's one will be?.
Am i correct in reading that for those of us who have their meter read quarterly, we're supposedly getting vouchers to cash in, to help with our Gas cost's?.

I'm still hanging in there, I'm not finding it that cold YET. I''m looking at the end of November and see how it goes after that.

Same but with dad atm and he feels the cold. If I were on my own wouldn’t have it on yet

Have to admit I've weakened and put the heating on for an hour or two in the evening.Mind you I'm De Rodriguez as they say in Spanish (ie on my tod) atm As the wife's gone to France for some dental treatment.

Have to say I am impressed with some of you hard core folk out there who still have not put on the heating.

I'm really not finding it that cold, even in the mornings. I stick some falk handles on and shut the frontroom door which generates enough heat for me.

Nor here, but step daughter popped in about 40 mins ago & said how cold it was!. 'Young-un's' today, breed of wimps!.
Went over to my aunt and uncles a couple of nights ago. They had their heating on to the max, felt uncomfortable. They also had nearly all of the lights on in every room. I asked if they’d won the lotto :-)

Happy to get home to our cool house. (Also been switching any unneeded lights off too) !

Power to the people ✌️

I admit it, I HAVE GOT HEATING SET UP AND ON AT 18C. In mitigation me and Mrs MG have been unwell BUT it sure is uber mild autumn still, is it not?
Agreed. Never known it like this before. Not complaining. Although getting colder now.

Winter settings now in effect on my thermostat.

06:00 - 08:00 21c
08:00 - 16:00 20c
16:00 - 19:00 21c
19:00 - 22:00 22c
22:00 - 06:00 18c

With 2 young kids I'm not having a cold house just for the sake of a couple of quid. Bedtime for them is upstairs for 7 asleep (hopefully 🙏) by 8.

Each room has thermostatic radiator contral valves and the thermostat is in the most used room of the house.

All radiators have been bled and the heating is very efficient for us.

Make sure everyone checks their radiators to see if they need bleeding otherwise the radiators aren't operating at their optimum performance. Very easy to sort yourself. Just remember to check the pressure of the boiler afterwards as the boiler may need topping up. May take 2/3 bleeds to force all are out of the system.

Back