• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone had dealings with "The Road Traffic Group"?

These people are really bugging me now.

I had a small knock in my car a year ago when i was stationary and someone hit me at about 5mph.

My car didn't looked damaged but as it was a company lease vehicle I had to get it checked at the local audi dealer. They pass all this work onto another firm who managed to come up with £3000 of repairs somehow for a bumper that didn't even looked marked. On top of that they took 3 weeks to "fix" it so with hire car charges the total claim ended up at about £7000 without me putting in a dodgy whiplash claim!

I now keep getting calls every few months from "The Road Traffic Group" who initially ask if everything went through ok and if everything was sorted but then quickly move on to personal injury claims and pretending they already have money put aside for me. When I tell them I'm not interested they get quite abusive and put the phone down.

I can't find much about them online, just wondered if anyone else had dealings with them at all. I'd quite like to complain about todays caller and get him sacked for his abusive language :winking:

Unlikely you'll get him sacked. We had a door to door salesman physically try to force himself into our property last year whilst my wife was alone with our kids. I found out who he was through Google and Facebook, wrote to both his company and my local MP and he is still in a job; as Facebook can confirm.

With these sorts of calls, I now ask them for their mother's bra size and favourite position and let nature take its course.

Unlikely you'll get him sacked. We had a door to door salesman physically try to force himself into our property last year whilst my wife was alone with our kids. I found out who he was through Google and Facebook, wrote to both his company and my local MP and he is still in a job; as Facebook can confirm.

With these sorts of calls, I now ask them for their mother's bra size and favourite position and let nature take its course.

A friend of mine always used to tell them that he's putting them on to his wife because she deals with that kind of thing. He then gave the phone to his daughter who was about 5!

Back