• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chadded

Not striking since 2004
It's only a minor problem, but the pocket rocket (Fiat Punto)'s heating is not working. The dial for hot/ cold air works fine, but the dial for the amount of heat (1-4) just spins round. It will need the facia to come off, but as I'm probably selling her soon, I could do with getting it fixed. Anyone know of any garage that would look at it?

Cheers.

It's only a minor problem, but the pocket rocket (Fiat Punto)'s heating is not working. The dial for hot/ cold air works fine, but the dial for the amount of heat (1-4) just spins round. It will need the facia to come off, but as I'm probably selling her soon, I could do with getting it fixed. Anyone know of any garage that would look at it?

Cheers.

It's probably a common fault for this model.

Google the symptoms, find the solution and fix it. It will save you garage fees and the pleasure of having all of your ashtrays refilled at no extra cost.

EDIT

Fiat Punto Heater fan switch problem

Last edited:
Steve, Have you tried Station Garage at rayleigh Station. Have found them to be good and above all quite honest, which is hard with garages these days

Not sure where you are based, but Hanningfield Motor Company in East Hanningfield are owend by a Shrimper and will help you out.

Considering you are in the Army and drive possibly the worst car ever to come out of Italy then your options are simple. Park in a open area, wind window down and drop a grenade in. Stand well back (I'm sure you know the drill) wave a tearful good-bye, phone the insurance company to make a claim then BUY SOMETHING DECENT!!

Hope this helps.

Considering you are in the Army and drive possibly the worst car ever to come out of Italy then your options are simple. Park in a open area, wind window down and drop a grenade in. Stand well back (I'm sure you know the drill) wave a tearful good-bye, phone the insurance company to make a claim then BUY SOMETHING DECENT!!

Hope this helps.

Please don't knock the pocket rocket. As it happens I got the parts from FIAT and got a mate to fix it.

That said, I am probably getting rid of it. Not in the way you suggest though.

Ha ha ha.......very good
considering you are in the army and drive possibly the worst car ever to come out of italy then your options are simple. Park in a open area, wind window down and drop a grenade in. Stand well back (i'm sure you know the drill) wave a tearful good-bye, phone the insurance company to make a claim then buy something decent!!

hope this helps.

Cheers.

Trade it in as it is for an Alfa Mito, or if your money stretches, the new Alfa Guilietta

I used to drive a Fiat 131 Mirafiori.

Massive ashtrays and went like a rocket.

I had a couple of 131's, far superior than the Cortina, 5 speed box and twin cam engines. Stick a set of twin 40's on and it went like a bat out of hell, especially the Abarth version

Back