• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

justshrimper

Hope this is okay for my first thread.

It has been quite obvious since the unfortunate play-off defeat that there has been a lack of updated news regarding the first team on the Club's official site.

Without the risk of being accused of fishing the last time there were such delays it led to some dire consequences being uncovered.

After all this time last year the Club was hitting the ground running as to updates of players released and signing new contracts on the OS.

Now it appears News maybe will be slow to filter through to the Echo. Hope not as Chris Phillips has kept us informed of first team news wheras the OS has not.

I've threaded this through as I see it really hasn't been discussed elsewhere. If it has then I apologise as I would seem to have missed it.

Anyone know anything on this subject or have any hunches?

If you are not Blue79 in disguise,....Kay is my Sister...(older of course)

I fear that we are back in the do-do !! Rumours abound about the finances yet again.Have the players been paid to date ?
Oh, by the way Blair is trying his charm in Canada,good luck to him,perhaps in Vancoever.

No I'm not blue79 in disguise and haven't taken to that in complimentary mood. That aside I appreciate people are entitled to a holiday or some time off but in the first weeks after last season ended there were positive updates. I know nothing as to why this shouldn't be the case this time round hence why I asked. You may well be right Old blue lady.

What news is there likely to be? Everyone is on holiday from a long hard season. The fixtures are not out for a couple of weeks and the Euros are about to start. I doubt even the Premier league clubs have much news on their websites either.

What do you want the website to make up news stories? Maybe spread a rumour that we are after Messi or an even sillier story like work will finally begin on the New Stadium.

So justshrimper, how long have you been feeling this way? Lay down on my couch and let me ask you a few questions. Which of your personalities is in control? Are any of your personalities in control? I note you take offence at being called 'Blue 79'. Is that the dark scary side of you, is it, is it? Does Blue make you do things that are naughty? Does he make you lay on your left arm 'til it goes numb and then force you to type on the keyboard as though you are someone else, hmm. eh, does he? I bet it was Blue that 'lay' with the col u slapper-collective and blamed you. Open up now justshrimper, all friends here. There, there, does that feel better?

It's close season! People are entitled to some holiday you know!

I wish you'd go on Holiday a least peope would be free of your to good tripe on here.

I am sure he was just asking in general ........ My answer to the thread is the fact our club don't give **** about us fans

I wish you'd go on Holiday a least peope would be free of your to good tripe on here.

I am sure he was just asking in general ........ My answer to the thread is the fact our club don't give **** about us fans

What a nasty comment to OBL :thumbdown: It was a valid point, unfortunately yours was :nope:

The financial advisor I Sit with looks after 40 players so I get loads of gossip. Every single player to a man is away this week so the chances of anything happening are almost nil. It's in effect the football equivilant of the week between Xmas and New Year for the working man.

Holiday time - sounds good to me. :smile:

However, I would have thought that the situation with regard to releasing more than 10 players would have featured by now .... and call me an old fart but I for one would prefer to hear the news from the club first rather than the Evening Echo. Whilst some of the players made not have quite made the grade required, many have worked hard to try to get in the team and progress - somehow the lack of an official bulletin does not dignify the position.

I wish you'd type a sentence that makes sense! :raspberry:

Nothing wrong with the answer I gave.

Back