• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone nervous about tonight?

Pak Power

Manager⭐
What will you be doing? Looking at scores? Watching the game?, Hiding under the sofa? Or do you feel our fate is already sealed?

I've been on Barrow's site they are as nervous as hell, but are predicting a 0-0 which would condemn us.

Keeping an eye on Grimsby as well

Lets be honest Barrow will get at least a point tonight Saturday or the week after. We've been virtually down for months.

Saying that i have score alerts set up just in case :-)

half of me wants it over and lets all get on with getting Ron out! But there is still that glimmer which is probably just stringing out the inevitable - no matter how Bad Barrow are surely they can scare a point out of 3 games!!

We are like an Lizard ? from Planet Earth II, on the beach, surrounded by snakes who come out of the woodwork to try and catch the Lizard ..... only things in the Lizard mind, Run and Escape!!

Trying to look at this as a neutral you'd have to have FGR as favourites & expect them to win, but I am a bit anxious. Just want it to be over one way or another. If we're going down I'd rather it was confirmed tonight than get us all to the brink of thinking we might actually pull it off only to fail in the final game. I will also be keeping an eye on the Scunny score, a 3 or 4 goal defeat for them tonight could make things a bit more interesting. whatever else happens they'd have to lose their last game at home v Stevenage who'll have nothing to play for so its unlikely but those are the long shots we have to cling on to at the moment.

Barrow fans are certainly nervous:

"That line up is not confidence inspiring whatsoever, sorry."

"That hands the initiative to FGR straight away."

"I am behind the lads whichever team is picked, but I can't understand why devitt and banks aren't starting."

"If Rob Kelly doesn't want the manager's job he should just say so. No need to pick a team like that."

I’ll keep track of the score but I wouldn’t say I’m nervous. The prospect of survival is still far to unlikely at this stage to get nervous about it. Although that might change if Forest Green are 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go.

Large number of beers (already started), curry (not vegan but I’ve thrown in an onion bhaji which is sort of vegan), decent music and iFollow on in the background.

What has life come to?

Before Saturday I thought it was all over. Saturday gave the smallest glimmer. Barrow lose tonight and if we do the business Saturday who knows what could happen last game of the season.
However it’s all very hopeful and we do deserve to be where are. Nice to have that little glimmer of hope though.

You can see why some of the condemned ditch their appeals.
Nerves are shredded long before the gurney, I imagine.
There are still too many 'ifs' for my liking.

Before Saturday I thought it was all over. Saturday gave the smallest glimmer. Barrow lose tonight and if we do the business Saturday who knows what could happen last game of the season.
However it’s all very hopeful and we do deserve to be where are. Nice to have that little glimmer of hope though.
If anything I'm just glad that Orient nor Colchester officially relegated us. Would rather it's in Barrow's hands any day

Not really. I'll be keeping an eye on it of course but what will be, will be. I think we're done as I can't see Barrow not picking up at least a point in their last 3 games. So anything more will be a bonus.

Watching the calming tones of the Yorkshire Vet while keeping an eye on scores.

As others have said, it's effectively done so I'm not going to get too strung up about it tonight. For interest, it'd be nice to keep that tiny weeny sliver of hope going but que sera and all that.

Back