• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone see this ? echo page today

rayleighblue22

Striker

It mentions another idea of SBC for more flats, the interesting line says : The proposals for 1,461 new homes at Fossetts Farm, which would go alongside a new Southend United football stadium, would be included in this plan.
The plot thickens ..... problem is this looks set to have a another load of hastle with the planning dept.
Now i could be wrong here but i thought the Fossetts development was a totally seperate plan, now the way this reads is that it has been joined to this additional flat building work between Sutton road and Star lane.
If this is the case, is this the reason for a delay in the plans going thru in addition to the elections? Seems strange to me that this has come out of the woodwork after we have been relegated and not before.
Sounds like we could be waiting a damn sight longer than what we have already for this pipedream to come to fruition, which dosent bear thinkin about with the state the club is in at the moment. Especially if both Rochford and SBC now have to look into this additional extra planning development before any decison is made.

This sounds to me like it's about the local plan, rather than a specific development.

The local plan is basically a blueprint which loosely allocates sections of the borough for certain types of development - eg High Street area for retail, seafront for hospitality/tourism, etc

It is a document that underpins the planning process, so for example if the council decide that this land buffering Southend and Rochford is suitable for 7,200 homes, it is basically an invitation for developers to submit planning applications (may only be one developer, may be several) for that site, knowing that that parcel of land has been allocated for that amount of housing.

The current local plan has Fossetts Farm as land allocated for housing and a new SUFC stadium. But the application itself still requires planning permission.

So this shouldn't affect the current planning application, which is due before committee soon (hopefully!).

I read that bit about 1,461 homes at FF. Not sure if the echo have added the 500+ at RH and included them because just a while ago it was 800+ at FF.

I too don’t believe this will have any material effect on the FF and RH applications going through at the moment. The thought of so many houses being built on that bit of land is worrying but that’s for another thread or forum.

My question, which I hope will be put to Ron during a zoom meeting is, ‘Do both the FF and RH planning applications have to have final Council approval before construction of the stadium can begin?’

Back