• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone seen where the spirit of Christmas went?

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
I don't know whether it's the mild weather, the economic situation or what, but this year's build up to Christmas has been remarkably low key for us so far this year. We've been out to pubs and restaurants that would normally be heaving by now and they're not, shops and high streets are full of grumpy buggers and generally TV is full of nothing (not new, I know).

At least Southend's result has lifted the mood, but I hope things pick up or it will be New Year and we will be wondering where it all went. Normally I'm up for Xmas and nothing interferes, but I'm struggling this year. Tell me some good Christmas stuff people!!

Where we live christmas is always low key,shops no more busy then normal and only christmas day off and back to normal on the 26th and to be honest i like it like that.

Very true RHB, many homes don't appear to have put much or any effort in.
Some could be down to schools just finishing on Friday, shops are being killed by on line stuff and pubs by the cheap off sales, driving worries and big taxi costs.
Despite the reported drop in unemployed statistic I believe money is very tight for many, many people.

Plenty of effort around here, hampered by the fact my daughter is on a week of nights that finishes on 23rd so am having to fit the "big clean" in around not making any noise to disturb her!!!

In an effort to resuscitate the Christmas spirit I give you quite a good Chins carol. Most Chins stuff is a bit rubbish, but this one's pretty good. For some obscure reason v small kids find singing chins fascinating. Happy Christmas all.

[video=youtube;wFjCXnCekUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFjCXnCekUI[/video]

Sitting in my taxi by the dead end at Southend High Street, it's more like a damp Sunday morning in January with the amount of people in town.

Come lunchtime the taxi ranks started moving, it's the same every year. We sit around doing not much and then all of a sudden it goes mental until 2pm Christmas Eve.

Back