• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone want Col U up?

DTS

The Business
Strange as it sounds I have got mixed feelings on the Farmers coming up. Dont get me wrong I hate them as much as the next man but....

Face facts it might be a tough season next year. I reckon I have more in my wallett than they have in their transfer kitty. With a team full of Donkeys and crap gates they should be cannon fodder next season. Iwelumo will be lucky to score 2.

I also think its a good local game that we all care about and generally we always beat them and six points will be a welcome start to the seasons table.

On the downside they have never been that high before and I am sick of the Farmers thinking they are decent as they clearly are all crap.

Opinions please.
cool.gif

I can see Brentford & Col Ewes struggling at the bottom 3 if both went up with us, and an welcome 6 points from the Ewes will help us to finish clear from any possible relegation battle.

If we go up, I would worry about Hudderfield & Forest coming up with us as both are cut out for staying up in Championship.

Brighton done it before (winning 2 promotion in a row) but went straight back down, the different they has 4 different manager in space of a season & a half, so If Peter Taylor stay with them or Steve Coppell was appointed in summer, Brighton would have finished in mid-table.

No - end of. f%&king hate them and would gladly see them going the other way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ April 13 2006,14:07)]Brighton done it before (winning 2 promotion in a row) but went straight back down, the different they has 4 different manager in space of a season & a half, so If Peter Taylor stay with them or Steve Coppell was appointed in summer, Brighton would have finished in mid-table.
Didn't Cardiff and Plymouth also achieve back to back promtions though?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Didn't Cardiff and Plymouth also achieve back to back promtions though?

No, they did stay for 1 season in League 1 before they got promoted the season after that. Cardiff spend £3 Million trying to get out of this league but Southend only spend about £50,000 on new players (M. Cole & Sodje).

No. I believe they will be relegated from League One next season.

This season I think they struck lucky with the FA Cup draw, scored 9 against a comedy team, and that raised their confidence no end, and they went on that undefeated run. Prior to that they were heading for the trap-door to relegation this season.

I hate em too - But in terms of resources Forest or Swansea are going to have loads to spend and big gates to pay wages.

Col U will have none of this.....

But agree they are Scum

For me it's about Brentford,Swansea and Huddersfield staying down as I cannot stand those clubs due to a combination of personnel and fans.

If that means Col Ewe second that's fine with me.

Col Ewe to go up please, that'd effectively put us on 6 points from the start and would mean we're only avoiding 2 relegation spots.

Thing you have to remember is that although we have a good record against them, it will be harder for a rival to beat them rather than another potential relegation candidate. They will raise there game against us because we are rivals whereas any other team will just be, well just a other team. Id prefer Brentford, they are in a similar situation as ourselves in that they won't have a bag full of cash to throw around and there attendances reflect that there wage structure will also be similar. Whereas Swansea & Huddersfield will no doubt have the ability to buy a few high value players in needed

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ April 13 2006,14:17)]I hate em too - But in terms of resources Forest or Swansea are going to have loads to spend and big gates to pay wages.

Col U will have none of this.....

But agree they are Scum
I can see Forest, having got into the good position, now starting to feel the pressure - I think there was evidence of that, apparently, against Col Ewe last Saturday.

Therefore, I don't think they will be in the play-offs.

I certainly don't want Col Ewe to come up. I wish them every footballing misfortune*.

Given the choice, I'd like Brentford to come up in second place behind us. Martin Allen is a bit of a legend, plus it's a very handy little away trip for me!

*note 'footballing' misfortune - I wouldn't want to see the club go bust

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ April 13 2006,14:33)]I certainly don't want Col Ewe to come up. I wish them every footballing misfortune*.

Given the choice, I'd like Brentford to come up in second place behind us. Martin Allen is a bit of a legend, plus it's a very handy little away trip for me!

*note 'footballing' misfortune - I wouldn't want to see the club go bust
I think you could replace the word legend with the word w%&ker personally....

couldn't give a monkey's about all this "hatred" of an over promoted conference side. Frankly if they get the points to go up it'll be a major achievement abd they'll deserve it and Parkinson will have done a fantastic job. Not as good as Brush and Tilly but there you go. And what's more it's a guaranteed 6 points next season.
tounge.gif

I like the fact that Col Ewe have been in the Conference and we haven't, coupled with the fact that we have played in the 2nd tier of the football league and they haven't.

I'd like it to stay that way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ April 13 2006,14:25)]Thing you have to remember is that although we have a good record against them, it will be harder for a rival to beat them rather than another potential relegation candidate. They will raise there game against us because we are rivals whereas any other team will just be, well just a other team. Id prefer Brentford, they are in a similar situation as ourselves in that they won't have a bag full of cash to throw around and there attendances reflect that there wage structure will also be similar. Whereas Swansea & Huddersfield will no doubt have the ability to buy a few high value players in needed
Oh...you mean raise their game against us like they did in both the games this season?!
rock.gif

I hate them too much. I would rather they stay down.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mattlovell6 @ April 13 2006,15:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ April 13 2006,14:25)]Thing you have to remember is that although we have a good record against them, it will be harder for a rival to beat them rather than another potential relegation candidate. They will raise there game against us because we are rivals whereas any other team will just be, well just a other team. Id prefer Brentford, they are in a similar situation as ourselves in that they won't have a bag full of cash to throw around and there attendances reflect that there wage structure will also be similar. Whereas Swansea & Huddersfield will no doubt have the ability to buy a few high value players in needed
Oh...you mean raise their game against us like they did in both the games this season?!  
rock.gif

I hate them too much. I would rather they stay down.
Which is why I said we have a good record against them. My point being that it won't last. They have to beat us eventually. Dont they?
rock.gif
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 13 2006,14:56)]I like the fact that Col Ewe have been in the Conference and we haven't, coupled with the fact that we have played in the 2nd tier of the football league and they haven't.

I'd like it to stay that way.
Spot on!

The one thing we always have over them, and which is fact, is that we have played in the 2nd tier of football and they haven't. Long may that continue.

I also think that too many others are worrying about other teams. Lets concentrate on ourselves on a) getting promoted - it's in our own hands and b) if we go up, it will be down to us getting enough points to stay up.

No. I want us Divisions apart, makes watching Essex Cricket fun if we're a league above.

Back