• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apathetic UK

MK Shrimper

Striker
No idea what the turn out was for the Police Commisioner elections (been reported on here as low as 6%) but in the vaguely important by-election in central Manchester is was just 18.5%. Shocking, and the lowest since WW2.

How out of touch is our democratic system. :nope:

Total waste of money, we're constantly being told cuts need to be made so the government spunks a load of money on an unnecessary election which is to elect brand new positions which come with £75k wage packets. Money that could have been used by the police.

I think it's been a measured response from the British voting public. They don't understand what exactly they're voting for, other than a job title stolen from Batman, or why there have to be party political candidates for the role, so they haven't voted.

Out of the few that have, how many have done so just, so to speak, tow their party's line, and how many have truly voted for the best candidate?

A waste of time and a waste of money. You don't need to be a political animal to see that.

I don't understand why the police needs to become a political force, surely neutrality politically is far better. 13% turnout nationally I think I heard on the radio.

In any normal society people would have been out on the streets year ago when the banks collapsed. Instead they were far too busy watching Eastenders and voting people off X Factor.

So its no real surprise these elections happened and no one knew about them.

In any normal society people would have been out on the streets year ago when the banks collapsed. Instead they were far too busy watching Eastenders and voting people off X Factor.

So its no real surprise these elections happened and no one knew about them.

People were out on the streets LF. Sadly for you, and everyone who got in their way, they were too busy stealing to make any salient political points.

I'd have perhaps been inclined to vote if any of the candidates had actually canvased my area or put a flyer through my door. As it was, recieved nothing from no-one, which makes it pretty hard to make a balanced decision!

Blimey is that an agreement that, regardless of left and right, most people really don't give a ferk?

Back