• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Can't believe this is on tomorrow, can we expect to see Mr J at the Hall afterwards?

Cliffs PavilionThe Early Edition - Palace Theatre
Dear MRS Searle​
THE EARLY EDITION
PALACE THEATRE
SATURDAY 21ST MARCH AT 12 NOON
136_20081105105244.jpg

If you are of the opinion that every page of your morning paper is filled with doom, destruction and downfall, well... we understand. The daily press are often telling us how everything is going wrong and there is nothing we can do about it. It must be true. The papers are always right. Well, now comes a show that questions all those assumptions, a show that ridicules the naysayers, unravels the spin and pooh-poohs the pomposity of headline print.
The Early Edition is a legendary live comedy show hosted by Marcus Brigstocke & Andre Vincent.
136_20090318153400.jpg

Together they have been the backbone of topical TV and Radio shows in Britain for the last 10 years…
The Early Edition was created as a spin-off from the highly acclaimed BBC 4 show The Late Edition. After complete sell-outs at the Edinburgh Festival in 2006 & 2007, Hay-on-Wye Literary Festival in 2008 and then storming the tents at Latitude and Bestival Festivals in 2008. The show now goes on the road to the regions before heading for a run on London's South Bank.
During each show, two well known/topical guests will help the hosts pull apart the views and opinions found in the recent and regional newspapers.​

Special guests at Palace Theatre will be

136_20090318153438.jpg

Local lad... Phill Jupitus (Never Mind The Buzzcocks, QI )

and Carrie Quinlan (News Quiz & The Now Show).

Tickets: £12.50 including coffee and cake

Students: £10.50 including coffee and cake
To book call the Box Office on 01702 351135
or book online at http://www.palacetheatresouthend.co.uk/

spacer.gif

Station Road, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS0 7RA
footer_tel_icon.gif
footer_www_icon.gif
www.thecliffspavilion.co.uk
spacer.gif
To opt out of further email correspondence either Click here
or call the number above and ask to be unsubscribed
spacer.gif

What Jupitus or Brigstocke? Tbh, I quite like them both.

Last edited:
Comedy wise, absolutely! He was great on BBC6 when it first started before it all went BBC XFM.

Phil Jupitus shops in Waitrose and my brother often saw him, keeps himself to himself, nice chap. Don't like Bridstock and don't even know who that other guy is.

I'm going to that! My brother likes the Bridgestock bloke. My friend lives next door to Phil Jupitus in Leigh.

So, we just need lots of "Sarfend"s then, always beat the West Hamlot into submission.

"He was great on BBC6".

Not exactly mainstream then.

Gordon Connelly was great for 45 minutes against Brighton.

When I was at Insure & Go, one of the women in my department that had to go on the phones (I never went on the phones because I'm great) flogged a travel policy to Marcus Brigstocke. She said he was a really nice bloke after engaging in banter with him.

On that basis alone you should go.

I once saw Phil Jupitus walking down the street with his family... me and my mate shouted "alright Phil!" too him from across the road, and he gave a little nod. We then wondered why they were all wearing black, why his wife was looking tearful, and why there were big black limos outside the church that they were walking into with a handful of other grieving friends and family... felt a little bit guilty after that!

Phil Jupitus was great, don't think he likes Canvey much though! Sorry Canvey Shrimper! Bridgestock was quite good, he's very good at spontaneously making something funny up unlike some comedians

Of course I'm biased (Marcus is married to one of my best mates from school), but I think he's a very funny bloke - someone to go and see whenever you get the chance. He & Andre Vincent work very well together - I saw the latter do a p*ss-take of Steven Berkoff at the Edinburgh Fringe which remains, visually, one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

:)

Jupitus has put money in the Blues' coffers by attending RH and sitting in the South Stand, and is thus more than alright with me.

Matt

Back