• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
For those of us born around the time of this, you tend to think "there, but for the grace of God." The deformities of babies born as a result of thalidomide is known to most of us I should think. As one sufferer says in this report, these unfortunate people all need medical care that costs, so rather than finally apologising, what about getting round the table and discussing some form of compensation?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/thalidomide-manufacturer-finally-apologises-015706938.html

The statue is also hideous, why waste money on that when people are still feeling the effects of this tragedy 50 years later?

IN01_GERMANY_THALI_1196108f.jpg

I believe the inscription translates as "In Rememberance of the Dead and Living of the Contergan (Thalidomide) catastrophe".

There'll be a few people who won't be applauding this apology

Does anyone remember the linesman in the 80s who was a Thalidomide victim, he was a regular at Roots Hall. Used to clip the flag to his arm. I remember some heartless ******* once asking him if he had the time.

A few years back we had a lady come to work for us as a short hand typist.

I can't find the article just now but The Observer had a piece on thalidomide tracing it back to experiments by the Nazi's.

So an apology is disrespectful but this thread isn't?

Actually i'd say both are. This thread is in poor taste, or that's the way it's going. The apology seemed to be everything but an actual apology...

Back