• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Appeal to returning fans

bluearmy

Youth Team
This is an appeal to fans who get back from Colch tonight and log on.

Spare a thought for those at work and give us a great, lengthy report on here.

Thanks !!

P.S. Don't forget Fanszone - a new feature from BluesTV - air your views on the Blues (esp after this win!!!) - email media@southend-united.co.uk - you could be on TV for the Boston game!!!

And a report for thoss of us 200 old miles away who are trying to educate our northern friends on just how much tonights win meant!

And those here in Wales.

PS MAGNIFICENT lads
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

PPS I'm only here so it's less far to travel for the final.

PPPS And I only posted this cos it takes me to 300 posts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stid @ Sep. 29 2004,23:15)]PPS I'm only here so it's less far to travel for the final.

PPPS And I only posted this cos it takes me to 300 posts.
congratulations on your 300th appearance for SZ! Best of luck for the future.

Col U were out played, out classed, out SUNG but what really matters ....out shot.
The travelling 1100 or so at both ends of the allotment ( come on that ain't a real ground) did Southend proud and if it wasn't for the ref or the post (with Grays effort) trying to spoil things at least we kept going on.
There is a brillant team spirit in the camp and it showed, even more so with Bentley's sending off which in our view from section seemed harsh to say the least, there player seemed to come in very fast two footed at Bents and he did well to get out of the way of his size 10's. unfortunately the col u players head happened to be a good place as any for Bents to land on. WELL DONE SOUTHEND.
biggrin.gif

Top effort by the boys tonite.  We battled, hassled but also played football.  All through the team there were stars.

2 crucial decisions.  Just before Cull Ewe scored, Wilson jumped on the halfway line with one of their players, won the ball which ran to Tes who powered toward the area & was tackled probably unfairly by defender.  Result?  Penalty?  No.  The muppet in black seeing a Cull Ewe player on the floor blows his whistle to stop play & frantically waves the trainer on.  At this the the "dead" player mysterious regains conciousness & gets up.  Result?  Referee now realising he's dropped a bollock, gives a drop ball?  No, again.  Free kick to them!  From this they went upto the corner, got another dubious looking free kick, put the ball into the box & scored.  Ref 1 - 1 Southend.  Cull Ewe nowhere.

2nd poor decision IMHO was the Bentley sending off.  A Cull Ewe player slides in to tackle Bentley who seeing him coming tries to hurdle him & MAY have caught him with a stray boot.  It was difficult to tell as Bentley was moving fast & by the time the ref pulled him up was 10 yards away still with the ball!!  He didn't seem to stamp as he was too far off the ground.  We assumed he was penalising the Cull Ewe lunge, but No again.  Bentley to everyones amazement was given a Red.  Did the Cull Ewe player have to go off for lengthy treatment to his stamp injuries, No! As I say it was only my & the hundreds of people round me's view but it looked very harsh.  Result Ref 1.5 - 1 Southend.  I've seen Mr Robinson before & he's always crap.  He won't even have the balls to review that decision

But it still wasn't enough.  The penalties were all pure magic.  Not one scuff amongst them!  Absolute pandemonium let loose.

As for Cull Ewe.  What a great turnout NOT!  3500 including god knows how many SUFC.  You should be ashamed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Sep. 30 2004,01:27)]Col U  were out played, out classed, out SUNG but what really matters ....out shot.
The travelling 1100 or so at both ends of the allotment ( come on that ain't a real ground) did Southend proud and if it wasn't for the ref or the post (with Grays effort) trying to spoil things at least we kept going on.
There is a brillant team spirit in the camp and it showed, even more so with Bentley's sending off which in our view from section seemed harsh to say the least, there player seemed to come in very fast two footed at Bents and he did well to get out of  the way of his size 10's. unfortunately the col u players head happened to be a good place as any for Bents to land on. WELL DONE SOUTHEND.
biggrin.gif
Got to say, on the Radio, it sounded superb.

I dont think there was any one time when you couldnt here a shout from the Southend Faithful.

Back