• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apprentice 2018

Madam and I haven't stopped laughing about last night's disasters. Wtf were they thinking? Thank gawd the poser has gone...at last. Good entertainment though.

Kurran should've got fired last week, glad the idiot has finally gone. He was probably just on there to get some TV work out of it which sadly he probably will. Saying that, I think Pangea would've been a marginally better name for an airline than Jetpop. Was nice to see Southend in all its splendour anyway.

Jackie, Kayode (go on son) and Jasmine look like potential winners to me at the moment, although there are a couple who have been in the shadows and could still prove themselves.

First time I've watched the apprentice since the days of Syeed and the Badger. The Mrs is always trying to get me to watch reality crap with her so compromised on this. It's been ok, the annoying reality TV people are in there but they are managing to outweigh the irritating stuff with entertainment, just.

Kayode is likeable, a good salesman and you can tell Sir Alan and Karen have a soft spot for him. So far if I were investing in one person to make me money it would be the American bird, Jackie. Jasmine is a ****

Yet again, the flaw in this programme is that any designer of comics will spend months tinkering with the bare bones of an idea to get into something that people want to read. The candidates had 1 day. It was no doubt the girls won, their creation was pretty good and I'm sure with a bit of time and a French-English dictionary (or the Internet) they'd have an excellent comic.

Though why does everything for kids need to be educational? I don't remember Whizzer & Chips/Roy Of The Rovers/The Beano being anything but fun. :Facepalm:

Yeah I agree, isn't getting a kid reading learning enough. I think the Beano helped my reading more than any school books.

RootsHallBloke: Jackie Fast
The Big Dady: Sarah Ann Magson
Fat Shrimp: Tom Bunday
Shrimpersfan: Daniel Elahi
Billericay Blue: Sian Gabbidon
Spaceman Spliff: Sabrina Stocker
OBL: Khadija Kalifa
Cricko: Camilla Ainsworth

Updated list.

Last edited:
So Jasmine bites the dust, think she deserved to go. Tom must have a hell of a Business Plan to have survived last night, but he's PM next week so a loss there must see him done for.

My girl's going well and should make the Final 4 barring any major disaster.

Predicted Final 4

Sian
Jackie
Daniel
Sabrina

I've got Jackie and she's still in the mix. Normally I give the program a watch and my candidate gets nuked early on. For that reason I haven't watched any of this series so that I don't jinx her. I've slept better as a result as well.

I've got Jackie and she's still in the mix. Normally I give the program a watch and my candidate gets nuked early on. For that reason I haven't watched any of this series so that I don't jinx her. I've slept better as a result as well.

Ha! My candidate went out first ;IIRC.Hasn't stopped me watching when I can though.Not usually a fan of "reality" type TV shows but have always found The Apprentice a good watch.Probably because of the "cod" business format.FWIW,I think Daniel will be in the last two.

So Jasmine bites the dust, think she deserved to go. Tom must have a hell of a Business Plan to have survived last night, but he's PM next week so a loss there must see him done for.

My girl's going well and should make the Final 4 barring any major disaster.

Predicted Final 4

Sian
Jackie
Daniel
Sabrina

Think you're right with that final 4. Tom and Sabrina must be on their last lives. Daniel gave a masterclass in bullshitting in the art challenge last week, and it can't be all girls left - gender equality and all that...

Sabrina is clinging on by her fingernails (so a pretty firm grip!) and, while she has wobbled quite a bit she's still there. If she can learn from past mistakes she has a chance to go quite far as I think there are others who may not survive a bottom three boardroom chat.

Double elimination Tom Bunday and Jackie Fast kicked out.

The Big Dady: Sarah Ann Magson
Shrimpersfan: Daniel Elahi
Billericay Blue: Sian Gabbidon
Spaceman Spliff: Sabrina Stocker
OBL: Khadija Kalifa
Cricko: Camilla Ainsworth

6 left

I thought Tom was slightly unlucky tonight. He was railroaded into the PM role and this wasn't his task, but it made for some good TV.

Sian or Daniel to win I suspect.

Maybe next year will be my year.

Tom didn't even make it to the cafe! I wasn't that surprised, knew he'd be done for as soon as the result was announced. A lucky escape for Daniel/Sarah-Ann after their massive ****-up on not submitting the promo.

Back