• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apprentice week 3

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Poor show by the blokes. How canthey set their selling prices before they know their costs? Seems they are struggling with the basics.

The leader was poor but the bloke who told them to slash the soup price- Michael, is a liability. He was also the bloke who gave away the fish for nothing and he hasnt been in the boardroom yet.

Looks like SAS has sussed out Simon is a grafter and thats it. I expect him to be team leader next week and prove 100% effort wont make you win.

I thought both teams had poor leadership shown this week, and couldn't work out why Sir Alan picked them.

I quite like Claire and Helene on the girls' team, Sara was very much "this is what I want, so this is what we're doing" - did you notice as she went round for the votes oh so democratically, she told everyone her choice at the best possible time to tell the person viting 4th (and therefore the casting vote) what she wanted? We didn't really see them shopping, I'd love to know how they got their stuff so cheap. Jenny still managed to really annoy me, and they were still on about that "personal" thing all the time - I half expected them to give their customers a mobile so they could have a "personal hotline" to their waitress!

The boys were split wrong, I felt Simon should've gone out on the marketing jaunt although of those in the kitchen, he seemed to be the only one with any idea of bulk shopping and he did say about going to the market. May have made a faux pas in interrupting the boss twice, but still the early favourite - two Simons in succession though? Whilst it was inevitable Ian would go, I felt Kevin/Matt Lucas should have been the one fired. He has such a high opinion of himself! He didn't seem to have a clue although he obviously eats in Italian restaurants a lot because he must have told Sir Alan that at least 5 or 6 times!

I've never watched the prog but turned on last night to hear Mr Sugar telling the people that they would take over 2 pubs and food was the way to go. As I do a bit part-time in the Spread ( having run the place on holiday relief) I thought " Oh no a busman's holiday " and promptly turned off and went back to the Zone.

I've never watched the prog but turned on last night to hear Mr Sugar telling the people that they would take over 2 pubs and food was the way to go. As I do a bit part-time in the Spread ( having run the place on holiday relief) I thought " Oh no a busman's holiday " and promptly turned off and went back to the Zone.

Can just imagine you running either a Bollywood themed night (a la girls) or a Taste of Italy (like the boys) at the Spread and how well it would go down!

Can just imagine you running either a Bollywood themed night (a la girls) or a Taste of Italy (like the boys) at the Spread and how well it would go down!

To a vast majority of the Spread regulars a Fish House large savaloy and chips is a delicacy so a proper posh nosh night may be wasted especially as the current landlord lives on Chinese takeaway from the shop round the corner and thinks Lasagne is the capital of North Vietnam.

Credit the Girls for selling tickets refundable against your bill though. This is possible the cleverest thing in the series so far, as some peope didnt turn up so that was a bit of clear profit.
Little Britains spaghetti bolognese got a slating for having no taste or seasoning. As a regular diner at Italian restuarants you think he would have tasted it first.

Credit the Girls for selling tickets refundable against your bill though. This is possible the cleverest thing in the series so far, as some peope didnt turn up so that was a bit of clear profit.
Little Britains spaghetti bolognese got a slating for having no taste or seasoning. As a regular diner at Italian restuarants you think he would have tasted it first.

That spag bol just looked completely the wrong colour to me and as for that first batch of "curry" the girls made :puke !

I thought both teams had poor leadership shown this week, and couldn't work out why Sir Alan picked them.

I suspect for this very reason. SAS was probably tipped off by Margaret and that bloke who's always pulling a face like he's taking a dump that they were the two most likely to screw things up as team leaders.

I suspect for this very reason. SAS was probably tipped off by Margaret and that bloke who's always pulling a face like he's taking a dump that they were the two most likely to screw things up as team leaders.

Do you think? I'd have thought Lucinda would've been top choice on the girls' team - loved the cheeky little beret thing last night with the greenish ensemble!

that bloke who's always pulling a face like he's taking a dump

Thats Nick and a bit unfiar. He has at least 3 facial expressions.
1) Neutral
2) Puzzled
3) Everything else - the one you mentioned

Thats Nick and a bit unfiar. He has at least 3 facial expressions.
1) Neutral
2) Puzzled
3) Everything else - the one you mentioned

Nick, of course. The funniest parts of the show are him, the receptionist and SAS's increasingly grand entrances into the rooms the candidates are in. Pure theatre.

it's a light bulb moment - shoot it down or keep it up there

another cracking episode. I like the early ones, as clever editing brings out people's characters early on. Notice the two women from last night were hardly seen at all, nor was there much from Rafe.

Ian to win!

Maybe there are only 2 expressiuons after all

Napster said:
it's a light bulb moment - shoot it down or keep it up there

another cracking episode. I like the early ones, as clever editing brings out people's characters early on. Notice the two women from last night were hardly seen at all, nor was there much from Rafe.

Ian to win!
I can't find anything to like about anyone except Simon, all the girls are just bitches, while the boys have all the personality of a loaf of bread ! Loved the bit where the boys were brainstorming outside the pub, and Lee said "How do you spell accent" :nope: Anyone else think Kevin sounds like the dippy bird from the Vicar of Dibley ??

What a ****ing tool the blokes team leader was...

How the hell can you expect to win when your buying your food at tesco's prices. Also did neither team think it might be an idea to have a trial run at home whith cooking the food. Or even get a reciepe book.

I am sure I could win that show.

Simon will win this, I'm sure

No chance at all. He is a grafter, and good at following orders but not clued up enough and will probably lack initiative when it counts. I reckon SAS will make him team leader next week.

Back