• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Not as good an episode as last week's, but still quite fun to watch. With Lucinda as PM for Alpha and Helene for Renaissance, the two teams had to select two items to showcase at the National Wedding Fair, with the one gaining the most orders being the winner. Helene and Sara were moved to Renaissance after the Jenny and Jennifer showdown last week, and Claire swapped over to Alpha.

Helene allowed Michael to convince her it was best if they split into two pairs, both looking at gowns and trinkets/cakes, while Lucinda's team split so one pair looked exclusively at gowns and the other at all the other paraphenalia. This proved to be the masterstroke as at the end of the day, on Raef's recommendation, Alpha went for the top of the range designer gowns of Ian Stuart which then convinced Lucinda and Lee's saucy accessories owner to go with them also. This meant Helene lost out on her choice of accessories and had to settle for cake. They also chose middle of the range coloured dresses - rather tacky in my opinion!

Both teams seemed to do well on the day, with team members all pulling together, although Sara and Michael went a bit over the top in their selling cake technique. Alpha's costly gowns didn't seem to move at all, but as the Fair began to wind down, people who had looked at their expensive gowns early on began to come back, having seen nothing they preferred while looking around. They subsequently sold 3 gowns. Lee did wonders on the saucy stuff, and showed that he is rather silver tongued when it comes to selling techniques, "What size is that, an 8?" to someone obviously larger. Although Renaissance sold 5 gowns, they sold no cake so it was no surprise when those figures were revealed to hear that Alpha had won by approx 4 grand. Nick gave special mention to Claire for her selling skills, and she did, indeed, seem to be much calmer and together working with Lucinda, Lee and Raef. Lucinda did a good job as PM and was backed by her team, who really did work well together.

Helene allowed Alex (losing side 6 times!) to escape the boardroom, and SAS found fault with her, Michael and Sara. I thought it was quite a close call in the end last night and any one of the 3 could go, Sara was chosen, and to me she was probably least culpable but I think SAS had had it in for her from previous weeks. I'd have preferred either of the other two really.

I enjoyed the BBC2 show where they were on about Raef morphing into Superman and his "posh running" and I still think he and Lee are the two to watch. Claire's doing herself some big favours now, with the teams being shaken up again next week we'll see what happens. :)

Last edited:
It seemed to be all over for Renaissance from the moment they didn't secure the expensive gowns and lost out on the accessories. Michael and Sara's sales technique was a bit aggressive to say the least!

Classic Raef moment when him and Claire were discussing whether it was ethical to have Cake on the same display as larger sized dresses, "The thing you need to remember is if a woman needs a to wear a size 16-32 wedding dress, then she LOVES cake"

It seemed to be all over for Renaissance from the moment they didn't secure the expensive gowns and lost out on the accessories. Michael and Sara's sales technique was a bit aggressive to say the least!

Classic Raef moment when him and Claire were discussing whether it was ethical to have Cake on the same display as larger sized dresses, "The thing you need to remember is if a woman needs a to wear a size 16-32 wedding dress, then she LOVES cake"

Yes - and Claire (who is probably a size 16 herself) laughed like a loon! Thought it might have been mentioned in the boardroom, as it was about the only thing that was remotely on the downside for them.

Think it was inevitable that Sara would be in the boardroom and cannot say I was surprised when she got the chop.
Michael I think will be the next to go.
The two front runners have to be Alex and Mr Cool not a hair out of place Raef although, I think Lucinda is now coming into her own.

Michael I think will be the next to go

He should have gone 4 or 5 times. The bloke thinks he is something special but seems to have no business brain at all.

Helene still in there, my fiver is safe for another week.

Both teams seemed to do well on the day, with team members all pulling together, although Sara and Michael went a bit over the top in their selling cake technique. Alpha's costly gowns didn't seem to move at all, but as the Fair began to wind down, people who had looked at their expensive gowns early on began to come back, having seen nothing they preferred while looking around. They subsequently sold 3 gowns. Lee did wonders on the saucy stuff, and showed that he is rather silver tongued when it comes to selling techniques, "What size is that, an 8?" to someone obviously larger. Although Renaissance sold 5 gowns, they sold no cake so it was no surprise when those figures were revealed to hear that Alpha had won by approx 4 grand. Nick gave special mention to Claire for her selling skills, and she did, indeed, seem to be much calmer and together working with Lucinda, Lee and Raef. Lucinda did a good job as PM and was backed by her team, who really did work well together.

Cant agree with that, OTT is not the word. Having worked in sales, I can safely say Michael is the WORST salesman I have ever seen/heard. Alex was spot on, he was trying to do telesales face o face, which does not work, as then the potential buyer can see your ridiculous over acting of everything. The guy is a muppet.

I was sure Sir Alan was going to fire him, but for the second week in a row he has come in with a saving sentence, I dont know what Sir Alan sees in him, he is crap.

still pretty happy with alex... ok he has been on the losing team loads, but i think he is smart, shrewed, good allrounder and can lead a team. him, lee and raef for the final.. although there will be a token rubbish girl thrown in, probably lucinda

I think it was a good episode, and is turning into a great series, I cant believe how bad Alex's winning record is, considering I consider him to be on of the better ones, along with Lee, Raef and now Lucinda (although it pains me to say it).

I saw Sara on some mornign programme yesterday, and she only had nice things to say about everyone, and was saying that her problem is she didn't know how to bitch.......ok

still pretty happy with alex... ok he has been on the losing team loads, but i think he is smart, shrewed, good allrounder and can lead a team. him, lee and raef for the final.. although there will be a token rubbish girl thrown in, probably lucinda

Haha pretty much exactly what I have put, typing at the same time!!

Cant agree with that, OTT is not the word. Having worked in sales, I can safely say Michael is the WORST salesman I have ever seen/heard. Alex was spot on, he was trying to do telesales face o face, which does not work, as then the potential buyer can see your ridiculous over acting of everything. The guy is a muppet.

I was sure Sir Alan was going to fire him, but for the second week in a row he has come in with a saving sentence, I dont know what Sir Alan sees in him, he is crap.

It was an understatement mate! The point was made in the programme about point of sale techniques for face to face sales.

Back