• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Don't know how many were watching what with some football match going on in Russia, thought this was going to be a pretty naff task this week, but what a shock at the end.

Teams were shaken up again, pitching Alex as SAS's choice of PM with Lee and Lucinda in Alpha against PM Raef (again, SAS's choice, blatantly ignoring slimy Michael's request from last week) with Michael, Claire and Helene. Task was to design an ad campaign for tv and magazine for a new anti-bacterial line of tissues.

Alpha's finished article was amateurish and had caused several bouts of fisticuffs between Lucinda and the others (fwiw, I thought she had a point about leaving the two guys to do the design while she went out on location, and she did make this clear to them at the time) while Renaissance had employed Sian Lloyd to "star" in their cinematographed (?!) effort co-directed by Raef and Michael. Have to say Michael's rendition of Fagin in the cab was actually quite amusing, but he and Raef thought their acting - and in Michael's case, limited directing - experience would see them walk the task. Claire and Helene worked on the design.

The finished ads were presented to a bunch of 20 or so consumers and 3 top ad execs plus SAS, Nick and Margaret. Claire gave a bold presentation completely off the cuff for Renaissance while Lee bumbled and fumbled through a supposedly prepared script.

On to the boardroom, where SAS had previously taken advice from the 3 professionals. Renaissance's glossy and professional ad was screened and you could see their self satisfied expressions when Alpha's cheesy attempt was subsequently shown. Big surprise when SAS turns round and rips into Renaissance for not advertising the product enough - Alpha's might have been naff, but they clearly showed the product and mentioned the anti-bac business several times, plus had a much better name and more eye catching (garish!) box.

After telling everyone he wasn't going to blame anyone else Raef, having brought Michael and Claire back, promptly laid into Michael, who I thought was going to be odds on to go. But no, beneath that smooth facade apparently was nothing of substance so Raef was sent packing! Very surprised indeed.

Roll on week 10, Claire is coming into her own more now, her confidence is growing and she is managing tasks very well, even though she was on the losing team. Only one of my two tips left, so Lee to win please!

What on earth was with their Sian Lloyd obsession?

It was like the task a few weeks back where Simon got wrapped up in photography, Raef and Michaels am'dram backgrounds made them think they could direct an ad.

Only one of my two tips left, so Lee to win please!
And one of one tip left for me, Helene. Looks like the SZ donate button wont be getting my fiver just yet.

I was shocked when SAS fired Raef, I was convinced Michaels number was up.
Liked SAS's comment when he knew Claire would be back in the boardroom - she no doubt got 400 rounds of bull**** loaded into her AK47 ready to fire at me"

Well what a shocker last night.
Did not expect Mr cool not a hair out of place Raef to have the pointed finger.
How on earth has Michael managed to stay.

Good job Lee was on the winning team or he would have gone - if only for wearing that awful pink strippy shirt.

Wide open now as I thought Raef was going to be a certain finalist.

Lucinda and Claire will be the final two now. I'm calling it.

Shocking scenes last night. I knew Raef was in serious danger as soon as I saw the direction he was taking the advert. Still, when it came down to the boardroom I thought he might be saved simply by how many times Michael had been in there in comparison.

I think Sugar made the wrong call. Raef was the most eligible candidate there, had shown good leadership skills in previous tasks and seemed to be universally popular amongst the group.

Lucinda and Claire will be the final two now. I'm calling it.

Shocking scenes last night. I knew Raef was in serious danger as soon as I saw the direction he was taking the advert. Still, when it came down to the boardroom I thought he might be saved simply by how many times Michael had been in there in comparison.

I think Sugar made the wrong call. Raef was the most eligible candidate there, had shown good leadership skills in previous tasks and seemed to be universally popular amongst the group.

Yep, I agree with you there RODs. From what has been shown he'd been one of the more consistent and rational candidates. Shock, horror - has SAS lost the plot?!

Yep, I agree with you there RODs. From what has been shown he'd been one of the more consistent and rational candidates. Shock, horror - has SAS lost the plot?!

Perhapes he fell and banged his head when he was climbing onto his box to get onto his chair

Good episode again. In a way I'm not surprised Raef went as I could never see him being SAS' Apprentice.

BTW did anyone (more likely the guys), view Helene in a different light when she opened the door to the courier :clap:

Lee deserves a "Sir" in front of his name just for that brand name... genius!

Raef was all charm but not much brains really... he could have put Michael out of his misery at the same time though

Back