• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

apprentice

The Irish bird should have been fired!

I know she's a bit of a sort, but she's just a back stabber and totally cold as ice!

**** you scott, i ain't watched sky plus yet!

So Ive got Helena and Billericay Blue is on Irish Jenny

Thought you was out tonight Billericay. I think Jenny might fail when she has to be PM.

Week 5 - the "I Scream" week!

Well, didn't we think that was what it was going to be knowing that FGB was one of the "Team Leaders" (what happened to Project Managers?) this week, and that Lucinda was to be the other.

Felt sure that either Helene or Jenny would end up screaming at some point anyway, but I have to say I was very impressed with Lucinda's people management skills until she made the faux pas of attributing such bitchy comments to Helene about Jennifer - come on girl, don't you remember last week? Helene was hardly going to be your best buddy this week even though she had, up to that point, rather grudgingly agreed you were pretty good in your role.

I was actually really surprised that Alpha lost because Renaissance just didn't seem to have the volume of orders, but they beat them by about £200. FGB actually made a bit of a mess of things, and I was all ready for Alex to jump in and rip into her in the boardroom, I don't think her "sales" team did a very good job at all, not with their purchasing of ingredients, their taste testing or their appointments, although interestingly I thought they had the better flavour ice creams. Glad SAS picked up on annoying Jenny's ridiculous claims about the Berry, Berry one being one of the 5 a day recommended fruit portions though - silly cow! Nick and Margaret chipped in quite helpfully last night I thought, in character assasination or commendation.

Strangely my interpretation of Lucinda's idea of changing the two factions in her team on day 2 was that Lindi was actually the one whose body language made it clear she wasn't happy, although I do agree with some of the stuff said about Jennifer. Both were obviously completely out of order on the exclusivity thing, but Lindi did what Jennifer had done earlier. Loved the comment on BBC2 later about Raef looking like Noel Coward in his dressing gown, I do really quite like him.

As it goes, I thought Jennifer should have gone last night, although had the right team lost I was looking forward to FGB going. My favourites going on to week 6 are Lee and Raef, really hope Lee gets a chance to show us what he can do as he comes over as completely decent, honest and hard working, a bit like Simon, and we know what happened to him.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed when Michael starts talking he sounds like Gordon Brittas?

He also made me chuckle when he tried the "This flavour is proving to be very popular" line with a p[otential punter. Given that is was brand new, and he hadnt ever sold any, he must have meant it was popular with the two blokes in the pub car park.

Last edited:
steveo said:
Thought you was out tonight Billericay. I think Jenny might fail when she has to be PM.
No, Lindi was always going to be the one to go. Jennifer needs to sort her game out though, she won't get anywhere going along as she did last night. I see from the preview clips that she's not PM next week (Michael and TOGITV), so she needs to make sure she helps the team a bit more. I'm quite impressed with Lee on an inter-personal level, thought he was quite right in the cafe when he back Lucinda's management, need to see him push himself forward a bit more though.

Week 5 - the "I Scream" week!

Well, didn't we think that was what it was going to be knowing that FGB was one of the "Team Leaders" (what happened to Project Managers?) this week, and that Lucinda was to be the other.

Felt sure that either Helene or Jenny would end up screaming at some point anyway, but I have to say I was very impressed with Lucinda's people management skills until she made the faux pas of attributing such bitchy comments to Helene about Jennifer - come on girl, don't you remember last week? Helene was hardly going to be your best buddy this week even though she had, up to that point, rather grudgingly agreed you were pretty good in your role.

I was actually really surprised that Alpha lost because Renaissance just didn't seem to have the volume of orders, but they beat them by about £200. FGB actually made a bit of a mess of things, and I was all ready for Alex to jump in and rip into her in the boardroom, I don't think her "sales" team did a very good job at all, not with their purchasing of ingredients, their taste testing or their appointments, although interestingly I thought they had the better flavour ice creams. Glad SAS picked up on annoying Jenny's ridiculous claims about the Berry, Berry one being one of the 5 a day recommended fruit portions though - silly cow! Nick and Margaret chipped in quite helpfully last night I thought, in character assasination or commendation.

Strangely my interpretation of Lucinda's idea of changing the two factions in her team on day 2 was that Lindi was actually the one whose body language made it clear she wasn't happy, although I do agree with some of the stuff said about Jennifer. Both were obviously completely out of order on the exclusivity thing, but Lindi did what Jennifer had done earlier. Loved the comment on BBC2 later about Raef looking like Noel Coward in his dressing gown, I do really quite like him.

As it goes, I thought Jennifer should have gone last night, although had the right team lost I was looking forward to FGB going. My favourites going on to week 6 are Lee and Raef, really hope Lee gets a chance to show us what he can do as he comes over as completely decent, honest and hard working, a bit like Simon, and we know what happened to him.
Can't disagree with any of that :) Micahel and TOGITV are PM's next week, so I can whoever loses out of those 2 being next in line of SAS' firing finger.

Can't disagree with any of that :) Micahel and TOGITV are PM's next week, so I can whoever loses out of those 2 being next in line of SAS' firing finger.

It looks as if from the "you're fired" preview at the end of last night's show, however is the losing project manager goes last night.

I knew from last week's one that whoever was on SrrrAlan's right this week was who was going so when Lindi sat there I knew she was on borrowed time.

What does TOGITV stand for again?

Lucinda surprised me last night, showed a lot of good ideas and co-ordinated the team fairly well, she should have had more backbone though when she wanted to switch the split of the team about though (although I guess with 2 or 3 fairly negative bodies like she had to deal with, the decision not to change things stemmed from having had a good first day & trying to keep everybody sweet).

Thought Claire again showed herself up for the flakey moose that she is, the tears at the end were totally unecessary, plus some of her responses in interview to the situation of the other team crowing about the huge sales they had secured were rather OTT (not saying the way they acted, especially Jennifer & Lindi was entirely acceptable though)

Lee is looking far & away the strongest candidate.

Oh & if anybody saw "You're Fired" afterwards, is it me or is Carol Thatcher morphing into John McCrirrick [sp]?

TOGITV - The Only Gay In The Village i.e. Kevin !

Ah got you, doh!
Ironic really, seeing as I posted that link up the week before it was on You're Fired!

I swear he was adjusting his hair as if it was a syrup last night, making the Matt Lucas connections even more creditable.

Lee is looking far & away the strongest candidate.

He's not really featured much though, he needs to be a team leader so we can see what his abilities are. Although his heart seems to be in the right place he does come across as the type of guy who could explode with rage and be a bit of a thug! Not sure if he's savvy enough to win it.

Next week will be interesting then because as far as I'm concerned they're the two weakest of the blokes left. I tend to think Lucinda might respond better to a male PM than a female, which I think is all she's had so far (rather like me in that sense - I hate the bitchiness and sarky undertones that some female managers use, much rather deal with a bloke as they're usually less devious). So TOGITV has switched teams and now has to deal with FGB and loud Jenny, neither of whom I can see liking his style if it's anything like his behaviour as Head Chef the other week. I'd have him as odds on favourite to go I think, as I don't think Alex will particularly get on with him either.

Carol Thatcher is just becoming more eccentric really so the comparison with John McCrirrick is probably quite apt - haven't a clue what that necklace was she wore.

I could have sworn it was her Dads spine

Could very well have been! I was trying to work out if it was coral but decided she wouldn't have been able to keep her head upright if it was so assumed it was some strange lacy flower thing. Very, very weird.

Back