• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
We last met in January - just before the Fleetwood game. There was a lot of talk about the then predicament we were in. Things have clearly moved on since then.

The main highlights....

Someone was found with a pyro earlier in the season. He isn't currently coming to football, and it seems his mates have got the hint. Hopefully, that particular problem has been resolved.

There was a significant discussion about disability access. Currently its at the back of the West and is severely affected by people standing throughout the game blocking views etc. The club have agreed to review the situation, and I am hopeful some sort of survey will be carried out with a view to either improving the current viewing area or finding an alternative.

Many of the problems in the West Bank bar were caused by floods, burst pipes etc

Discussions about kit are "Commercial in Confidence".

The next meeting is Wednesday 11 April. If you want something discussed, please either make a comment here or drop me and Cockle a PM.

I will be raising the situation with pre match programme sales for Stuart W and asking some questions about the pitch (specifically with a view to next season).

Nothing changes on the West Stand Mens toilets, they are still very grim. Similarly when you come into the West stand and it is raining the entrance way roof pours water right outside the toilet entrance. As that portion of the roof has lighting in it surely it is an H&S issue? I'm starting to sound like a cracked record on the toilet front but they really are in need of some tlc. Mrs RHB has just pointed out that the ladies loo next to the bar entrance is now lacking a loo seat as well, cracked and broken I'm told.

Nothing changes on the West Stand Mens toilets, they are still very grim. Similarly when you come into the West stand and it is raining the entrance way roof pours water right outside the toilet entrance. As that portion of the roof has lighting in it surely it is an H&S issue? I'm starting to sound like a cracked record on the toilet front but they really are in need of some tlc. Mrs RHB has just pointed out that the ladies loo next to the bar entrance is now lacking a loo seat as well, cracked and broken I'm told.

On that, can she tell me if there is still only one ladies' cubicle there? Because there are two quite large mens' loos in the West, the male toilet there was supposed to be changed to be another ladies. There are plans over the summer to undertake more remedial work in the West on loos.

The Trust have also asked if the areas allocated for wheelchairs in the West can be improved as they're not fit to "house" modern wheelchairs, with some over-hanging the space by a good foot or so. This would mean taking out seats in front, to increase the concrete area. Some of these seats are season card holders so some change needed there. It is on their agenda to try and address.

We actually have a Liaison Meeting the day following your meeting, so you may have some answers ahead of us!

On that, can she tell me if there is still only one ladies' cubicle there? Because there are two quite large mens' loos in the West, the male toilet there was supposed to be changed to be another ladies. There are plans over the summer to undertake more remedial work in the West on loos.

Both of the toilets are now female cubicles, plus one disabled one. As far as she is aware only one has a broken seat.

Apologies if this has been raised and shot down before, but would the club not consider re-opening the tea bar in the South Upper? If nothing else but to do just hot drinks and chocolate bars?

Unless you leave your seat 20 mins before half time it's pointless trying to get a cuppa.

I'd gladly give my own time to help clean it up and no doubt could recruit a few others also.

Apologies if this has been raised and shot down before, but would the club not consider re-opening the tea bar in the South Upper? If nothing else but to do just hot drinks and chocolate bars?

Unless you leave your seat 20 mins before half time it's pointless trying to get a cuppa.

I'd gladly give my own time to help clean it up and no doubt could recruit a few others also.

That tea bar was not run by the club. Because of where it's situated, it limited the amount of customers. Also, fans didn't like going through those heavy doors at the back with hot drinks. I saw quite a few spillages, even did it myself a few times. But the main reason is that after paying the club, the staff and with the small amount of selling time, it's just not viable, according to a former vendor.

We've raised this several times and asked for it to be looked at. The main issue seems to be around the electrics in the tea bar not being up to regs and the cost of repairing them was deemed to be exorbitant.
We did suggest that some form of mobile vending, a la cinema/theatre style, could be an answer to provide something but this fell foul of where any such vendor could be sited to satisfy entrance/exit access clearance requirements.

We can certainly ask again, a fresh pair of eyes and brain may come up with a solution...

We've raised this several times and asked for it to be looked at. The main issue seems to be around the electrics in the tea bar not being up to regs and the cost of repairing them was deemed to be exorbitant.
We did suggest that some form of mobile vending, a la cinema/theatre style, could be an answer to provide something but this fell foul of where any such vendor could be sited to satisfy entrance/exit access clearance requirements.

We can certainly ask again, a fresh pair of eyes and brain may come up with a solution...

Wasn't there an issue with H&S ie the concourse being too narrow for people to be served as it stops people from passing? I may have just made that up in my head but I vaguely remember something like that. Brilliantly designed stand.

both flushes were broke, and I got there early (about 2) and we need the “now wash your hands” stickers that some pubs have.

Both of the toilets are now female cubicles, plus one disabled one. As far as she is aware only one has a broken seat.

Many thanks.

Yep, as Cockle says, the electrics in there are not going to be able to be brought back up to the required standard. We have tried looking for the old vending packs where people could walk round and sell/dispense drinks, that we had about 8 or 9 years ago but no-one seems to know where they are.

Something that really does bug me ( and not the ladies loos as that has been rectified) is people standing on the stairs/gangeway. Without sounding like a miserable moaner it would be good if gangeways could be kept clear and it would only take the stewards to mention to people.
Glad to hear about the back of the West stand as I have bruising to confirm how difficult it is to be able to walk along when people are also queuing for the tea bar.
Many Thanks
Jackie

Online ticeting in the East Stand

I note that for the last home game of the season-against Bristol Rovers- it is now possible to buy online tickets in the East Stand for East Reds and East Blacks,which hasn't been possible since last October.

I trust the "safety" issues which "caused" this problem have now been resolved?Also that online ticketing will be available in these areas from the beginning of the 2018/9 season?

I note that for the last home game of the season-against Bristol Rovers- it is now possible to buy online tickets in the East Stand for East Reds and East Blacks,which hasn't been possible since last October.

I trust the "safety" issues which "caused" this problem have now been resolved?Also that online ticketing will be available in these areas from the beginning of the 2018/9 season?

Now that Macklin has gone and been replaced by far better you may be lucky.

Back