• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LBBlue

Manager⭐
As we need 4 clubs to finish below us to avoid relegation what are the chances that might happen?

Bury must be doomed. No goals in 7 straight defeats with just 2 league wins since September. Surely we will finish above them.

Rochdale also just 2 league wins since September also look doomed.

Then there is Oldham - no wins in seven plummeting after their mid season rally and they no longer have Eoin Doyle.

That's 3 of our next four away games.

Northampton seem to be on the up and Wimbledon are currently doing OK at home - but can't afford to slip up.

So that leaves it between us and MK Dons ( 2 wins in 16) unless someone like Blackpool, Bristol Rovers or Walsall have bad slump.

6 wins and 3 draws from 18 could be enough to save us. We might not get anything from our next 3 home games.

Not losing any of the three away games against sides below us is vital - but if we take that attitude we will be doomed.
We need to try and win matches - trying not to lose them is not good enough

Honestly I do think we’ll scrape clear of relegation, but we’ll have turgid football for the rest of the year and plummeting attendances.

The only ray of light at the moment is that as **** as we are, there are plenty of clubs as **** or worse. The three Manc clubs will all drop plus one other, hopefully MK. We’ll make a couple of panic signings this month and just about make it to safety.

It looks like peckin Gillingham are on a good run, the last thing i need, They sacked their Manager after the collapse to the bottom 2 and brought in ex player as caretaker, who bleeds Gillingham and the Town through and through, Havent looked back since and I had them as racing certainties for the chop. The stick I get now is as painful as I can remember ( teach me for dishing it out earlier when they were in the pits )

8 points from the last 12 games (Nov to date) says it all.

That is relegation form whatever way you slice it and if that form continues we will end up with about 43-45 points which will almost certainly relegate us.

Are there 4 clubs worse off than us?...let's hope so because I think we will need to rely on them screwing up, rather than us digging ourselves out of the hole.

p.s. Gills just changed the Manager. Like us havent got anyone in . Now it looks like everyone is playing for Lovell. Its a little early yet in terms of experiences , quals, otherwise Adam Barratt HELP

It looks like peckin Gillingham are on a good run, the last thing i need, They sacked their Manager after the collapse to the bottom 2 and brought in ex player as caretaker, who bleeds Gillingham and the Town through and through, Havent looked back since and I had them as racing certainties for the chop. The stick I get now is as painful as I can remember ( teach me for dishing it out earlier when they were in the pits )
Didn't do Bury a lot of good sacking there manager they have just sacked there second manager this season after only appointing the new guy in November now looking for there 3 manager this season and they are still bottom of league one.Changing the manager is not a guarantee that results will improve..

Didn't do Bury a lot of good sacking there manager they have just sacked there second manager this season after only appointing the new guy in November now looking for there 3 manager this season and they are still bottom of league one.Changing the manager is not a guarantee that results will improve..

And this is exactly why ANYONE OTHER THAN BROWN WILL DO is not the answer!

Fair point and I do get that strongly also, were the Bury Managers true blood Buryites through and through?

Yes I see that he certainly would have been a favourite, although Lee Clark never pulled on a Bury shirt.

And this is exactly why ANYONE OTHER THAN BROWN WILL DO is not the answer!

It depends on the question. If you ask whether Brown has done enough to remain in the job the answer is no. Any other manager will try and may fail to save us but it would be his turn to have a go. I am just going along with whatever decision is made but fear of change is poor reason to stagnate when what you are keeping is not doing the business.

Agreed, but not changing your manager when he is taking your club over the cliff edge is suicidai.

We absolutely need to change our manager but not for a short term boost. We need to change it for the long term prospects of our club.

Whoever inherits this mess has a big rebuild on their hands. We need to start that process sooner rather than later.

If Brown stays I would go for Bury, Rochdale, MK Dons and us unfortunately.

I'm boring myself saying it, but Martin has to act, I can't remember the last Southend manager I wanted sacked as much as I think Brown should go now, probably Alvin Martin!! Two weeks of transfer window to go and you just know we will get smacked by Rochdale and Scunny and Martin will pull the trigger at the end of the month. This will be tragic as any new man will be stuck with a Brown side and no doubt some more poor quality signings.

The time to act is now Ron.....not that he reads this!

6 wins from 18 games might well be enough for us, with a couple of draws thrown in.

Looking at the upcoming games, after Saturday (big six pointer) we have 3 tough matches, but then a run of half-decent games, before April becomes messy, especially away from home.

If and it's a big IF, we can get some stability, then mid-February to the end of March is absolutely crucial to pick up at least 15 of those points.

It depends on the question. If you ask whether Brown has done enough to remain in the job the answer is no. Any other manager will try and may fail to save us but it would be his turn to have a go. I am just going along with whatever decision is made but fear of change is poor reason to stagnate when what you are keeping is not doing the business.

The question was "Who will take over from Brown as a replacement?"

We need the right person, even if only for this season. Elsewhere, there have been a couple of comments about anyone being good enough, as long as it is someone different.

Bury have proved that it doesn't work that way.

If Brown stays I would go for Bury, Rochdale, MK Dons and us unfortunately.

I'm boring myself saying it, but Martin has to act, I can't remember the last Southend manager I wanted sacked as much as I think Brown should go now, probably Alvin Martin!! Two weeks of transfer window to go and you just know we will get smacked by Rochdale and Scunny and Martin will pull the trigger at the end of the month. This will be tragic as any new man will be stuck with a Brown side and no doubt some more poor quality signings.

The time to act is now Ron.....not that he reads this!

It's an interesting point actually.

Are we saying the players are good enough but aren't playing for Brown?

If so, the fact that they are a "Brown side" but then won't be if he gets the push at the end of the window shouldn't matter. If they are good enough, they should then play for the new guy.

If we are saying that the players AREN'T good enough whoever is in charge, then it's the players that need changing; not Brown.

Back